Shelly
Shelly
  • West Plains, MO

Particle Board Floor Turned Into a Stone/granite Floor

My linoleum ripped and underneath was a particle board floor that was getting water damaged. On a tight budget, I planned to just stain and seal the particle board, BUT I made a mess of it. In the end I used the Rustoleum stone spray paint and sealed it with polyurethane. Now it looks like stone or granite, Though this look is not for everyone but I love it. I now have a durable, easy to clean stoe floor! (I am sorry if this leaves a large space at the top, i don't know to make ti!)
particle board floor turned into a stone granite floor, concrete masonry, diy renovations projects, flooring
My new floor
Particle board has some green stains on it so, I used a dark stain, dumb move!
Stained particle board, I hated it!
Finished, stones flooring. It took about four cans to get the cover I want. I like this a lot better! I know its not for anyone but I like it. My daughter started moving to her own place before I could ploy it. I was amazed this floor held up to having a treadmill drug across the floor! even with no poly, now it is even stronger and cleaner,

• Michelle Westmorland

Hi, Did you just spray straight onto the cleaned floor or use a primer first? Then did you use anything over the top to strengthen it? I have Masonite flooring because my kitchen lino was ripped and I have NO money. This looks great! Michelle

• Shelly

Michelle i dont know how it would stick to masonite, i had particle board, i stained it and hated it, so used the spray then bought a gallon of polyurethrane from my local Habitat for humanity thrift store. I used this over the top. this was great for a while and i loved it, BUT the particle board itself started chipping right by the door where there was a lot of traffic. I will tell you since then i found my local flooring company buys end rools of flex flooring, if you wait till winter,,, I purchased new flooring for 75cents a square ft. in the end this worked out cheaper then the cans of the stone spray and poly., if I did try to do this again, i would but down some plywood etc. so the floor didn t chip later and I would used more poly urethane. sorry to be a bist discourging but know what its like to just have no money to do things here, which is why i did the above at the time,.

• Emilly Widgery

I have yellow tounge through my house i don't want to stain it i wanted to paint it. Contacted yellow tounge suppliers but they couldn't reccomend anything.

Has anyone used porters floor paint or deck paint? Plz help

• Shirley Kalinosky

This has given me an idea for our breezeway for next Spring. It's concrete and stained with paint drops and no consistency of color. Your floor looks great. thanks for the idea.

• Dan33357257

YES!!! For SURE!