Faux Brick Accent Wall

15K Views
We are in the process of enclosing a covered porch and making it a sunroom. As we were framing out the windows, I was trying to decide what to do with the one large plain wall that would be in the room.
Time: 6 HoursCost: $100Difficulty: Easy
  • faux brick accent wall
On a recent trip to Home Depot, I found these faux brick wall panels and was amazed at how they actually looked like brick and had a texture to them. I got three of them to fit the wall.
Here's the single wall that will be in our sunroom - I was going to paint it, before I found the faux brick wall panels.
  • faux brick accent wall
After hanging the panels, I started painting the lines with white chalk paint.
  • faux brick accent wall
I had no plan for the wall - just wanted to have mostly white and gray tones for the finished product. So this was me, covering the entire wall in white - using the dry-brushing technique (very little paint on the brush).
  • faux brick accent wall
I struggled with the seams, so after I painted - I put some wood putty in the seams, let it dry and lightly sanded it. I added some gray chalk paint on to the bricks - randomly.
  • faux brick accent wall
The wood putty helped, but I decided to add more character to the wall -so I applied spackle to the entire wall in random places over the paint and really paid special attention to the seams.
  • faux brick accent wall
I lightly sanded down all of the spackle after it dried and I loved the bumpy textured look. Then I did another coat of dry-brushing with white chalk paint again.
  • faux brick accent wall
Here's the final look and it is perfect for the sunroom! Now, we are still working on the sunroom - can't wait for it to be completed!

Suggested materials for this project:

View All Materials
Prices updated as of April 18, 2018 10:26 PM - More infoHometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.