UPDATE YOUR ENTRYWAY WITH THIS EASY STAIRCASE MAKEOVER

$30

An Easy Staircase Makeover is surprisingly possible in just one weekend. Check out how we did it and you”ll soon see why!
When we first moved in, we removed our  carpet covered stairs, but never repainted the risers because other projects undoubtedly took priority.
We lived with the nail holes and discolored paint for years, but it wasn't the look I always dreamed of.
To begin with, I painted the risers of my stairs. Particularly, I wanted a muted look and tried to achieve that using chalkboard paint.

Until my son’s foot scratched the risers. And then I remembered.  

Every piece of trim in this house is painted with oil paint, including these risers, which means you have to cover oil with oil. So if you want to do a lot of prep to make the oil surfaces latex-paintable – it is doable. But this momma don’t have time for that!

Since I had black oil paint on hand, my budget-minded self was happy to save the money using what I had, even though it was not sheen I originally wanted.
So now my stairs were finally prepped, ready to add the finishing touch – the vinyl numbers! 
These vinyl numbers come in 2 workable options – either as stencils or as vinyl transfers, which is the option I’m using.

For this product, there is a specific application you need to follow and you can read all about that in  the original post.

Follow the directions for application according to the vinyl numbers you purchase.
I love the white numbers against the black paint. It makes such a statement - especially for an entryway.
Ooh -wee! That gets me so excited! Of course, I love how fast this easy staircase makeover was!
Head over to my blog to see the full tutorial with more photos.

And let me know you stopped by from Hometalk! I always love to connect with my readers!

Noting Grace

• Debbie

OMG you did a great job on this .. would had never thought about numbers.

• Suzanne

A great job and you are a very kind person