How do I get rid of lingering smell?

A sausage biscuit was burnt in the microwave. Having trouble getting rid of the lingering smell.

  8 answers
  • Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Apr 09, 2018
    Hi Gale,
    Try cleaning it with baking soda & water. It might help to let the baking soda sit for a while then clean it off after it's done it's magic. Wishing you the best.
    • P McCammon P McCammon on May 19, 2018
      It's probably on the walls, floor, etc. It will wear off eventually or you can wipe down everything with baking soda solution. Happened to me about a year ago and I cleaned everything except ceilings and it still took several weeks to lose the smell. Home Depot has a product, Odoban, which was very helpful. There are others on the market.

  • Betsy Betsy on Apr 09, 2018
    Try putting a small bowl of vinegar in the microwave and microwave until it boils. Turn off the microwave and leave the door closed for a couple of hours. Then, leave the door open a bit for a few hours with a bowl of baking soda inside.
  • Laura Cooper Laura Cooper on Apr 09, 2018
    I would agree with Pung61. Except I'd mix vinegar and water.
  • Joan Stanley Joan Stanley on Apr 09, 2018
    Try leaving charcoal in the microwave. I've also heard baking soda will absorb smells.
  • Seethebeauty Seethebeauty on Apr 10, 2018
    These are tried solutions and cheap. Have you tried OdoBan from Sam's Club? It works wonders on smells and leaves a fresh scent behind for around 9.99
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Apr 10, 2018
  • P McCammon P McCammon on Apr 11, 2018
    I've used OdoBan. It does work well like Seethebeauty stated. I get it at Lowes.
  • Deb K Deb K on May 19, 2018
    Hi, put a bowl with 1/2 cup vinegar and 1/3 cup of water in the microwave for 1 minute, then wipe it all down.
Your comment...