Asked on Apr 10, 2018

How to make a magnetic picture board to display (travel) magnets.

DDDeanna NassarNaomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CA
+11

• Cindy Hagemann
    Cindy Hagemann

They make magnetic paint that you can paint on any chalk board.
  • Kac32568501
    Kac32568501

You could use old cookie sheets or jelly roll pans. Just paint (or not)!
  • Redcatcec
    Redcatcec

Maybe frame and re-purpose a metal baking sheet or cookie pan. If you don't have one to sacrifice, they have them by the scores at the goodwill/second hand stores, or even flea markets. Attach a wire to the frame to hang it up. Will be so original and show off your many travels.
    • Sarah
      Sarah

You can also use command strips to hang it. That was what I used
  • Claudia Angulo Pope
    Claudia Angulo Pope

Also the big box DIY stores sell metal sheets for relatively cheap that you can either retro fit into an open frame...construct your own frame...or glue onto one of those large ready made cork boards.

• Janice
    Janice

Decide how large your board needs to be and select either a baking sheet (you can get very large sizes at a commercial kitchen store) or a metal sheet from a big box store. You can paint it any color to suit your decor and drill a couple of holes to use to hang it. You could carry on the metal theme with small chain for the hanging mechanism. Bet you'll enjoy seeing all those magnets and think back to your travels! Great idea to do that so the magnets are on display all in one spot!
  • Tfe493283
    Tfe493283

My dad made one for my son out of an oil pan. bought it at Walmart, hot glued rope around edges, and fixed something on the back to hang it.
  • Cheryl Biermann
    Cheryl Biermann

That was my answer too, you can choose a nice paint color and it still works.
  • Redcatcec
    Redcatcec

Really good idea!
  • Andy Garcia
    Andy Garcia

My brother custom made one for a friend of mine. He purchased a sheet of metal, some strips of wood and stained it after framing it and attached a hanging mechanism on the back and came out better than what my friend was hoping for.
  • I sooooo need to do this, I know I have a ton in a box. Was tired of washing them from being on the fridge . . . Fantastic share! ❤
  • Deanna Nassar
    Deanna Nassar

Anything metal can be used. A coat of paint, Glue on wood strips for frame, a couple of small eye bolts to connect the hanger. If you go with a sheet of metal, get a couple of small ones to display favorites and put in a regular picture frame. You could also glue on pebbles or flat back gems to make a frame.
  • DD
    DD

www.myhomemystyle.com/blog/2014/03/make-a-magnetic-frame/