What's an inexpensive way to get rid of big ant beds?

+2
  • William William on Apr 10, 2018
    I use carburetor cleaner and spray the ant mounds. It attacks their exoskeleton.
  • Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Apr 10, 2018
    HI Sumika,
    I found another discussion about removing giant ant hills. People have used many things including, but not limited to boiling water, laundry detergent, and confectioner's (icing) sugar blends. Click on the link below to see this discussion. Wishing you the best.
  • Lina Splichal Lina Splichal on Apr 10, 2018
    If you are up to it, contact a pewter jeweler and ask them if they want to make an unusual display piece. They should pour pewter down the ant hole until it stops taking more product. Let it set up and dig out the pewter. Rinse all the dirt off and see what you get. You will be surprised.
  • Cindy Cindy on Apr 10, 2018
    Spray the ant hills with equal parts of vinegar and water. Keep spraying until all ants are gone. This is an effective and inexpensive method.
  • Sharon Sharon on Apr 10, 2018
    I stuck a couple of those Command ant traps (the kind that kills the colony) in my neighbors that bedeviled her for years. It killed them. I have also used borax on ant hills..... drys out the exoskeleton and kills them.