Easy Pottery Barn Votive Hack With Paint and Texture

59 Views
Well I love candles and pretty candles holders so I made some new stuff out of old stuff!
Time: 4 HoursCost: $0Difficulty: Easy
  • easy pottery barn votive hack with paint and texture
I gathered up some old damaged candles I was saving just for making some new candles, some food coloring paste and a few other supplies. This is so easy!
I broke up the candles but left the wickes in tact. Put the pieces in a microwavable pyrex measuring cup and slowly melted the candle pieces by zapping them 30 seconds or so at a time until liquid. The wick is then pulled out, straightened and set to the side.
I choose a very thick glass vase for this one. It's a 3 wicker!
I made the different shades of violet with food coloring paste! Add that to the warm liquid wax. I started with a dark color and then by adding more white broken pieces of candle you will get a lighter shade of color. I would melt some then pour it into the vase, let that sit. Zap the next little batch with more white candle pieces then pour that in and repeat until finished. The chopstick is holding up the wicks until the wax has hardened.
Almost finished!
And finished! Very cute and Springish too!!
Now onto some new votives!

Some of the things I was looking to use. I choose 3 of these pieces above for this part.
I love texture so I made dots, stripes and swirls with hot glue on little votives. That took about 10 minutes.
I then painted each one. A mercury look, gold and antique white just like the ones I saw at the Pottery Barn. I think you got 6 different styles, all the same color ( white, gold or silver) for close to $50!!
The finished product here for super cheap!! I had everything to make all the candles and votives. All of the supplies could be purchased at a Walmart or Hobby Lobby type of store for not too much moola!
A little video of the votives all lit up! I love all comments and questions! Thanks for looking at my little Pottery Barn hack!

Suggested materials for this project:

• Old candles
  • Food coloring paste
  • Glass vases and votives

Ask the creator about this project