How To Hide A Litter Box

$60

Love your cat but hate how the litter box looks? I have a solution for you!
how to hide a litter box
Meet Gerald!

We live in a small apartment in Brooklyn & as you can see his litter box isn't the cutest living room accessory. I was on a mission to dress up this side of our living room & hide the litter box!

how to hide a litter box
First stop was Home Depot - I purchased a plastic terra cotta pot & a pot saucer that fit perfectly on the top.

Next, I hopped over to Michael's & purchased floral foam, faux plants & moss.
how to hide a litter box
Step 1: Begin by drawing an opening on the front of the plastic terra cotta pot that is big enough for your cat to climb into. (I found out later that you need to raise the hole so that the kitty litter doesn't fall out of the bottom as easily as mine did).
how to hide a litter box
Step 2: Make sure you cover your mouth so you don't breath in the melting plastic* & begin opening the hole with a combination of the wood burner tool & some scissors.
how to hide a litter box
Step 3: File down the hole with some sand paper, scissors & a metal file. This may take a bit - but I wanted this to look as neat & store bought as possible.
how to hide a litter box
Step 4: Remove the bottom of the pot, add a plastic bag & pour kitty litter into the bottom. Place in the bottom of the pot.
how to hide a litter box
Step 5: Add the pot saucer, & hot glue the floral foam to the top.
how to hide a litter box
Step 6: Add some moss & your desired plant!
how to hide a litter box
To change the litter: take the top off & pull out the plastic bag full of litter. Super quick & easy! You can also scrub the pot down & clean it really well just like a real litter box!
how to hide a litter box
Jerry instantly climbed in & was right at home!
how to hide a litter box
If you're not into the kitty litter idea - you can also add a blanket & make a little cat house   
how to hide a litter box
This little planter really brightened up this corner of our apartment where the litter box used to be!

• Plastic Terracotta Pot
  • Wood Burner Tool
  • Scissors

• Poo10044636

Have you tried using a tote box?.

A large one, upside down, litter box inside. Cut opening.

You can decorate like a house on the outside or anyway you like.

Oh do use the lid of the tote for the floor of your kitty house potty.

We made one over a year ago and still going strong.+

• Raven Benson

That's way too small to be practical for an average cat. Cat's need like three inches deep of liter to potty happily.