How To Hide A Litter Box

$60

Love your cat but hate how the litter box looks? I have a solution for you!
Meet Gerald!

We live in a small apartment in Brooklyn & as you can see his litter box isn't the cutest living room accessory. I was on a mission to dress up this side of our living room & hide the litter box!

First stop was Home Depot - I purchased a plastic terra cotta pot & a pot saucer that fit perfectly on the top.

Next, I hopped over to Michael's & purchased floral foam, faux plants & moss.
Step 1: Begin by drawing an opening on the front of the plastic terra cotta pot that is big enough for your cat to climb into. (I found out later that you need to raise the hole so that the kitty litter doesn't fall out of the bottom as easily as mine did).
Step 2: Make sure you cover your mouth so you don't breath in the melting plastic* & begin opening the hole with a combination of the wood burner tool & some scissors.
Step 3: File down the hole with some sand paper, scissors & a metal file. This may take a bit - but I wanted this to look as neat & store bought as possible.
Step 4: Remove the bottom of the pot, add a plastic bag & pour kitty litter into the bottom. Place in the bottom of the pot.
Step 5: Add the pot saucer, & hot glue the floral foam to the top.
Step 6: Add some moss & your desired plant!
To change the litter: take the top off & pull out the plastic bag full of litter. Super quick & easy! You can also scrub the pot down & clean it really well just like a real litter box!
Jerry instantly climbed in & was right at home!
If you're not into the kitty litter idea - you can also add a blanket & make a little cat house   
This little planter really brightened up this corner of our apartment where the litter box used to be!

• Plastic Terracotta Pot
  • Wood Burner Tool
  • Scissors

15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day

• Esther Susan Avila

I like it but seems really shallow forlitter purpose. Do you have a problem with litter all over the outside floor area when kitty covers his doodoo? I would like to turn opening to wall as a “play/hide” area for kitty. (No litter) - thanks for the awesome idea.

• Payneful

I love the idea but Ciqala loves to hide so this would work perfectly thanks for sharing ❣️

• Pamela

Thank you for sharing! I appreciate it very much!