Help! Peeling Decopauge over sharpie

+4
Hello! I have a black plastic phone case that had an autograph in silver sharpie over it. I had it sprayed with Krylon sealant, but it started to get scratched off. So I put the glossy decopauge over it, thinking it would protect it. Well the decopauge came out all cloudy and is peeling off the plastic now. What do I do!! If I peel the decopauge off, will it also strip the precious silver sharpie off the plastic? Please help. I feel like an idiot trying to use decopauge to protect it.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Apr 11, 2018
    did you use a plastic sealant
    • A A on Apr 12, 2018
      Yes. I ended up ruining it. Thanks for the help tho
  • Heje Heje on Apr 11, 2018
    Carefully peel the decoupage off as it is similar to dried glue and then use a poly designed to cover plastic.
    • A A on Apr 11, 2018
      So you don't think it will take the sharpie off if I peel it? Someone said I should try to wash the Mod Podge off since it's water based.

Thanks for your help!
  • Missy Burch Missy Burch on Apr 11, 2018
    I agree with Helen. peel off as much of the decopage as you can with extreme care. then seal with poly. I would then stop using this case, to preserve it. Put it in a shadow box, as a keepsake.
    • A A on Apr 11, 2018

Thanks for your help!
  • Christel Christel on Apr 11, 2018
    Here are some ideas on removing the mod podge.