Vintage Trunk Makeover

155 Views
This vintage trunk makeover was a project I completed while I was working on our mudroom makeover last Spring. I absolutely love this project, so I’m excited to finally be sharing it with you today.
Time: 5 HoursCost: $25Difficulty: Easy
  • vintage trunk makeover
Here it is before, I took this photo right after my husband gave it to me.  I did share this with a friend who knows a great deal about antiques before I even touched it, and she assured me it was OK to paint it.  I knew I wanted to go with white chalk paint.
  • vintage trunk makeover
And here is the trunk after the second coat.  I opted to paint all of the hardware.  That is because I wanted to be able to go back and distress all of the hardware after.

• vintage trunk makeover
Use a find grit sanding pad to distress all of the hardware and the detailed wooden trim so that it looks distressed.
  • vintage trunk makeover
After you have sanded and distressed the paint to your liking, seal it using a clear wax. You can read the full tutorial for this project on the blog!

Suggested materials for this project:

• Chalk paint  (Amazon)
  • Clear Creme wax  (Amazon)
Nicki Parrish @ Sweet Parrish Place

Ask a Question