Vintage Trunk Makeover

$25

This vintage trunk makeover was a project I completed while I was working on our mudroom makeover last Spring. I absolutely love this project, so I’m excited to finally be sharing it with you today.
vintage trunk makeover
Here it is before, I took this photo right after my husband gave it to me.  I did share this with a friend who knows a great deal about antiques before I even touched it, and she assured me it was OK to paint it.  I knew I wanted to go with white chalk paint.
vintage trunk makeover
And here is the trunk after the second coat.  I opted to paint all of the hardware.  That is because I wanted to be able to go back and distress all of the hardware after.

vintage trunk makeover
Use a find grit sanding pad to distress all of the hardware and the detailed wooden trim so that it looks distressed.
vintage trunk makeover
After you have sanded and distressed the paint to your liking, seal it using a clear wax. You can read the full tutorial for this project on the blog!

• Chalk paint  (Amazon)
  • Clear Creme wax  (Amazon)
Nicki Parrish @ Sweet Parrish Place

1 comment