What is the best products to whiten clothes, whites are dingy

+4
  • Bijous Bijous on Apr 12, 2018
    I mix my own soap. I use the cheapest brand of powdered laundry detergent I can find. Mix in borax and baking soda (ration of 1 cup each to 3 cups detergent). And use warm water. This works for me and I've got a puppy (60# puppy) that loves to jump on me just after she's played in the mud puddles. She never jumps any other time. Good thing she's cute, right? Good luck.
  • Amanda Amanda on Apr 12, 2018
    Hello. I love to use Oxyclean, and borax. I buy the Oxyclean that is a powder that you add to the wash along with detergent. I also let the washer fill and then let them soak for an hour.
  • Here are several methods without using bleach!

Vinegar and baking soda works great for me.
  • Amy Ogden-Paparone Amy Ogden-Paparone on Apr 12, 2018
    Hi!
    I have found in my 30+ years of doing laundry that Clorox bleach and detergent works the very best!
  • Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Apr 12, 2018
    I use liquid oxi in my laundry and have had good luck with that. I sometimes soak white socks in bleach to whiten them when the are getting old and dingy looking, but that is only every couple of years.
  • William William on Apr 12, 2018
    Bleach tends to make whites dingy over time and breaks down the fibers. I wash my whites with 1/3 bottle of hydrogen peroxide for a full wash along with my favorite detergent (what ever is on sale). Most oxygen detergents are peroxide based.