Using a Heat Gun and Why It is My New Favorite Tool

$50

I don't know about you but one of my least favorite jobs when it comes to painting or refinishing is removing the existing coat of paint. There really is no telling how many coats of paint there are on my kitchen cabinets as my usual tendency is to just paint over the top and hope for the best. I can feel you more professional furniture re-finishers cringing. :-) But there is hope for me after all as I have discover the heat gun method for paint removal and I now actually enjoy the process. Weird I know.
I am hoping to re-finish these two dressers into some stunning new furniture but I still have a lot of paint to remove as you can see.
The process still takes some time of course but the reaction of the paint happens pretty quickly. You do of course want to follow the instructions regarding ventilation and heat protection.

But honestly the reason I really love the heat gun has nothing to do with removing paint.
I discovered that it is a great chemical free way to kill weeds in gravel and flagstone. :-)
Thanks for checking out my post.

Happy Upcycling,
Cindy

• Drill Master Heat Gun  (Harbor Freight)
  • Respirator Mask  (Amazon)

21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?
Cindy @ Upcycle Design Lab

1 comment
  • Heje
    Heje

Thank you for confirming the thought that I had that if hot water kills weeds why can't a heat gun.