Melissa
Melissa
  • New Berlin, WI
Asked on Apr 13, 2018

Want to know how to paint a lamp & lamp shade to match color scheme

BarbLynnMar12395224
+6

q want to know how to paint a lamp lamp shade to match color scheme
Need to change to gray modern color scheme - rite now it's beige New Orleans ish & how about changing lamp shade - can I paint that too?
  • Johnavallance82

Chalk paint both

• Janice

Any acrylic or latex wall paint will work fine or even acrylic hobby paint will work as well. Just choose the color you want.

• Janet Panos

Hello Melissa! For the shade, I recommend a fabric spray paint, which can be found at most craft or hobby stores. Good luck!

• Bonnie

Spray paint the base, maybe in one of the gray metallic shades. Glossy black would look stunning as well! I wouldn't bother with painting the shade unless you really love it. Any paint you put on it will reduce the amount of light coming through. You can pick up a good looking shade for very little money.

• Holly Kinchlea-Brown

I would start with the base, clean it really well prior to painting. I would first do a black (graphite from Annie Sloan for example) or dark grey (ash from fusion) paint coat, then using a dry brush technique highlight the raised design with light grey (Paris grey Annie Sloan, tiny tots grey, fusion). If you like the shape of the shade and it’s in good shape you could paint it light grey or white; however you could get an entirely different ‘feel’ for 6our lamp by switching up the shade to a different style

• Mar12395224

Melissa, I just love this lamp in its current look. Have been looking for this forever. I would like to purchase this from you, let me know if you are interested.

• Lynn

Would prime first to prevent any Flacking in the future. A cool metallic spray paint would work well.

• Barb

I personally would spray the bottom and top portion in satin black and the center scroll leave as it and a tassel and paint the shade black, for that classy timeless look that matches any decor 📍