How do I fix my cement porch

I removed an outdoor carpet from the front porch and the cement looks terrible. I want a pretty porch! Help! I am a pretty good DIY'r

Can't see it too well but the cement is patched and uneven

Glue residue where carpet was glued down

• Vimarhonor
    Vimarhonor

Do you wish to leave it natural, stain or paint the concrete? Any ideas of what youre thinking about?

• Linda Sikut
      Linda Sikut Hamburg, NY

Hi Marie,
      The marks on your cement may be why the previous owner covered it with carpet. If there is remaining glue on the concrete, you might be able to warm it with a heat gun and scrape it off or try a pressure washer. You can patch cracks, however the color probably won't match perfectly. You could rent a cement sander to smooth it down after painting and repairing, then paint it. Click below to read step-by-step directions for painting a cement/concrete patio. If none of this appeals to you, I'd suggest exploring the idea of having the porch top coated by a professional. Be sure to get at least 3 estimates and have everything in writing. Wishing you the best.