When should I plant rasberies

+4
  • Janet Panos Janet Panos on Apr 13, 2018
    Hello. You can check the USDA plant hardiness zone map to see which zone of the country you are in as far as planting. And you can look up what plants will grow well in your area and when to plant them for the most successful outcome. For your convenience, I provided a link to the map below. Click on it to check it out. Good luck!

• Andra Andra on Apr 13, 2018
    Depending on where you live, 4-6 weeks after the last frost. Good luck!
  • DesertRose DesertRose on Apr 13, 2018
    Raspberries should be planted as soon as all danger of frost is past. If you follow your local meteorologist and plant them then find a surprise frost announced, just cover the plants with a frost blanket (very very light weight) or use a bed sheet. Mulch them and feed them Miracle grow and you will have many raspberries all summer!
  • Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Apr 14, 2018
    You will want to wait until the soil warms up a bit before planting. I don't know where you live, but for me it will be a while. Just got rid of the last snow we had and it is sleeting, raining and even a little snow right now. We are getting cold again and more snow possible all day tomorrow and into Sunday! Another set back for finally getting into my gardens! This time last year, my veggie garden was already tilled and ready to go, just had a few days to wait until the soil was warm enough.
  • Redcatcec Redcatcec on Apr 14, 2018
    Here in Maryland they say plant in April.
    Our weather forecasters fall into the category of alarmists, they make predictions and most often they never come about. Last weekend we were to have rain, sleet, snow, wintery mix, it was lovely outside in the mid 50's.
    We have an expression about the weather here: Wait 5 minutes and it will change.