Painting location and window?

When we first bought the large painting our couch and end tables were centred under it. But we have had to move the couch and tables so that they are directly across from the TV because we were getting headaches from watching TV on an angle (TV can't be moved). Now the painting seems to just hang out of relation to anything and we now have an annoying little window right behind the couch. Any suggestions?

• Brenda
    Brenda Gardendale, AL

If the sofa cannot be centered between the windows...consider removing the picture.Why can you not move the television?

• Jcraw
      Jcraw Collingswood, NJ

I’m going to assume you own. If not, get heavy-duty removable hooks.
      I would get or craft a length of pipe (even pvc, which you can paint) and extend it from 6” past your annoying window to 6” past your useful window.
      I would paint it the color (and personality) of your barn doors, and about level with their maximum rail height. I would then buy, or make,to-the-floor curtains, be they canvas, burlap, faux-linen, to suit the charm you’ve established. If you buy, max two panels of lightweight, one of heavier weight For each side.
      Those curtain panels should be your rich red. They will frame the couch area and your super painting. the painting will move to the right or left, but definitely 5-6 inches lower Please. I know you don’t want to hit your hard on it, but lower it please. It’s too high, so it doesn’t look integral or important. I’d then find a couple of neat pictures or photos, not too large but complement the painting and hang them, or above the other to balance the space.