My black and my pink pussy willow bushes are now blooming gray.

+6
I want to know if there is anything I can do to have them bloom in the black and the pink colors that they have done for years (12 years for the pink one and 5 years for the black one).

• Dfm Dfm on Apr 13, 2018
    It might have reverted to root stock......some bushes tree are grafted to a different set of roots supposedly to get them to grow better. Some times that root sends it’s own shoots out, and not what was grafted. Ie the bush went native.
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Apr 13, 2018
    Oh! sounds like a Bee went from the black to the pink............? May be Try Propagation??
    • Donna Donna on Apr 14, 2018
      What would I do? I mean, how do I do that? Maybe a bee cross-pollinated the bushes, so they both went back to gray? Interesting. And you answered from so far away. Thank you!
  • Donna Starks Donna Starks on Apr 14, 2018
    Lime needed
    • Donna Donna on Apr 14, 2018
      How much and when? I have pelletized lime. Is that acceptable?
      What would this do for the bushes? Thank you very much.
  • Dfm Dfm on Apr 14, 2018
    Have a chat with a master gardener or the botony department at your local collage...I could be off base...
  • Donna Starks Donna Starks on Apr 16, 2018
    Lime is vital to color mix in soil