How do you remove 3m film from your windows?

+4
  • Edward Langley Edward Langley on Apr 14, 2018
    I have a hand held wall paper steamer. Spray water on the film apply the steamer when it is making steam and it will peel off easy. Note careful steam very hot
  • The uv film? Why would you want to remove it? I'm sure you can get it off with goo gone.
  • Bijous Bijous on Apr 14, 2018
    I had a film on my windows that had been on the sliding door for years. I tried all sorts of things, but no luck. Finally, I used marine paint remover and covered the wet remover with plastic and taped around the entire door. I let it sit overnight. That worked. If you do use the remover, make sure to cover floor well and use protective gloves, clothing and glasses. Good luck.
  • Charlee Hunter Charlee Hunter on Apr 14, 2018
    i believe you use a blowdryer to heat them and pull them off
  • Bob S. Bob S. on May 10, 2020

I used A few drops of Dawn dish soap in a spray bottle. Spray on film then tape paper towel at top of window and run it down to bottom of window then press to wet window and spray towel to make it wet. Let it sit for a couple hours and respray as necessary to keep it damp. Film will peal off. A few stubborn spots may require scraping with a razor blade. Finish by using Windex glass cleaner.