Asked on Apr 14, 2018

Painted LR walls Silver Grey. Suggestions for color of area rug?

Johnavallance82BonnieHolly Lengner - Lost Mom
+15

Sofa is grey. Curtains birds, feathers in orange, grey and tourqois.

Janet Pizaro

pull a color out of the curtains that you like
  • I would pull one of the colors from your curtains, either the orange or turquoise.
  • Jcraw
    Jcraw

Please photo the room. The color isn’t really the question, but rather if it can have a pattern without figting your curtains. Sounds great. It pretty much depends on where you want the center of attention.
  • Connie Hirchert Stadelmann
    Connie Hirchert Stadelmann

Turquoise & gray, muted pattern so it doesn't fight with your curtains. It will look very tropical!!
  • Holly Kinchlea-Brown
    Holly Kinchlea-Brown

Look to pick up either the tourquoise (my preference) or orange in your rug. One of the rugs with tourquoise background and off white design would look fab.
  • Johnavallance82
    Johnavallance82

Turquoise or Orange or one that has all your colours in..........
  • Rhoda
    Rhoda

I have all off white walls in my living room and recently painted one of the walls a light grey as an accent wall. For an area rug I chose one with grey, pewter, and ivory. It looks great with my couch and brings more attention to the wall and my white plantation sutters on the windows. I chose to incorporate colors, lavender, turquoise, orange and green with accent pieces....vases, planters, etc. If you go to Google and type in Dalyn Rocco RC8 area rug you csn see the rug. Hope this helps! Take your time & have fun decorating. It took me a month to find a rug but it was so worth it!
    • Gladys S
      Gladys S

Thank you so much! Sounds like you have a beautiful room and I do like your combination of colors. Will check out your rug!
  • Tae
    Tae

I would say a geometric gray pattern
  • You can find a rug that incorporates all those colors.

• Bonnie
    Bonnie
    6 hours ago

Pick the favorite feathers ie turquoise or orange and the room will pop

• Johnavallance82
    Johnavallance82
    Just now

Hi,

I'd go for Turquoise, it's a good colour for all seasons or a rug that has all the colours in a modern design.