Catherine
Catherine
  • Buffalo, NY
Asked on Apr 14, 2018

Pergo or engineered and color?

TammyluJanet PizaroLaura Cooper
+14

i will be installing same flooring through kitchen living room and dining room. Can’t decide on color or material. Kitchen will be white cabinets and living room will have old Chinese rug in creams and blues. I like the color of my existing floor but it is discontinued and can’t find anything like it
q pergo or engineered and color
  • Had Pergo and ripped it out and installing hardwood. You can purchase unfinished hardwood and have stained to your desired color. That is my vote!

• Charmaine

we tore out our engineered hardwood floor due to dog damage (when we bought that floor we had no dogs. Then we got to English springer spaniels). Now we have waterproof, luxury vinyl plank floors that are gorgeous.

• Nancy Turner

The vinyl plank is supposed to be easy to install, the ones I am looking at have the padding on it and you only need three inexpensive tools to install it. If your floors are in good shape and level, you can install it on top of your hardwood, that is what we plan to do. Our four dogs are too hard on the finish of the hardwood.

• Anne

It depends on your budget. Hardwood floors are expensive however you can stain them however you wish. Manufactured hardwood floors are also very nice and not that expensive. There are a variety of colors available. One thing to consider is the thickness. Also in all cases, the darker the floor, the more noticeable any scratches will show. I would recommend staying in a neutral shade for your floors. Good luck.

• Sharon

Beautiful old rug but looks like it really needs a good cleaning as the dirt will destroy the fibers, and maybe have them add a stain resistant finish on it.
    Pergo is engineered hardwood. If you like your existing floor, get real hardwood and have the guy match the stain, my paint guy did an excellent job matching the stain on patches for my really old cedar after a fireplace removal.

• Catherine

Carpet was recently cleaned the pile changes direction when it is vacuumed

• Johnavallance82

Bluey/grey slate look or Light/Medium wood look............

research vinyl planking that is now the number one selling floating floor

• Laura Cooper

Engineered hardwood is by far the most durable and stable product. Voice of experience here...

• Laura Cooper

I wish I could tell you, but it's been 3 years ago now and I don't remember. It is in the warm medium tones, however. We really wanted a darker shade, but I've been happy with this because it doesn't show dust terribly like dark wood and it's still a rich color. I would recommend the same for you. Go with a deep color in the middle of the spectrum for warmth and contrast for your beautiful rugs and white cabinets. Avoid the really dark or really light woods

Vinyl planking can be used anywhere

• Tammylu

Love vinyl plank