Space in living room

+7
We just moved into our home and I’m stuck on what I can do with this space. Any ideas?
q space in living room
  • Betsy Betsy on Apr 15, 2018
    A corner shelf would be nice or one of those credenzas. Or, maybe a tall plant, like a tree, real or not:)
  • Jcraw Jcraw on Apr 15, 2018
    is that a fireplace? Get a great, as in size and looks, painting or print over it. Or a collection of photos/prints/artwork all in the same style and color of frames. You’ve got enough wall there to do 7 or 9 pictures. A vase or urn with great faux grass or seed pods in the corner.
    You could do a mantle-type shelf, but it really looks too low for that to be attractive and sensible.
  • Fiddledd224 Fiddledd224 on Apr 15, 2018
    Not seeing the other end of the room, can you install wall to wall shelves over the fireplace, like a mantle??
  • Lsherbach Lsherbach on Apr 15, 2018
    I see a beautiful Gallery wall of prints, mirrors, shelves, wreath. an accent table the possibilities are endless. I started this collection with the two hydrangea prints that I believe I picked up at Home Goods, the plate shelves are from IKEA, very inexpensive. The eagle is the first wall decor for my first apartment in 1973 - when eagles were the rage...I couldn't part with it, so I painted it cream and made it work! Good luck! Have fun!
  • Ana Bacallao Ana Bacallao on Apr 15, 2018
    A built-in with storage underneath would look amazing, filled with books and knick-knacks and provide storage.
  • Gaynelle giotta Gaynelle giotta on Apr 15, 2018
    I don't know what the black area is...but in THAT corner I see one of those tall, skinny 'corn plants'..probably not the right name but you see them in many office. Take very little light. A tall plant for sure & it will give you oxygen & eat any CO2.....big win.
  • Mogie Mogie on Apr 17, 2018
    Looks like a natural place to hang photos or artwork. A clock hung on the wall with a table below that would work too. A small stereo would fit in their also. Or you could just put in shelves and make it look like built in shelving.
  • Jcraw Jcraw on Apr 29, 2018
    Oops. Well, shoot. Get yourself an old buffet, paint it if you like, and put your tv on it. They have lots of closed storage and always look good. I love practical furnishings - especially storage. It’s yard sale season and lots of us old folk are downsizing furniture made out of real wood.