Make Your Own Designer Wooden Drawer Knobs

$5

In less than 10 minutes, you can make your own designer wooden drawer knobs. Here’s step by step instructions and a materials list below.

I love browsing through Hobby Lobby's knobs and pulls section but without a sale or coupon they can be quite expensive. Why not make your own and be creative?

You can find unfinished wooden drawer knobs at your local home improvement store or you can buy a pack of them
make your own designer wooden drawer knobs
STEP 1: Select your beautiful print napkin or tissue paper.
STEP 2: Lay your knob so the top is facing down and with your pen or marker, draw a circle around the knob. Then cut out the circle. Try to cut on the inside of your pen marking so that you don’t get any of the ink markings onto your circle. It will show.
STEP 3: Take your sponge brush and dip it into the mod podge. Apply to the top of the knob.
STEP 4: Place the napkin or tissue paper that you just cut on top of the knob and apply another layer of mod podge. Let dry.

Most napkins will have 2, sometime 3 layers. Now is a good time to separate the layers until you have just the top printed layer. This is much easier to do once you cut the shape rather than trying to peel the layers before you cut.
If you want to be more creative or if you are making knobs for other pieces of furniture, you can paint the drawer knobs before you mod podge. I painted a couple with some white craft paint I had on hand then I used gold and white tissue wrapping paper I found in my craft supply at home.
That’s it! How easy peasy was that? Can you imagine the endless possibilities you can do with this one simple idea? In less than 10 minutes you can create designer wooden drawer knobs that no one else will have.
Hopefully this served you today by sparking your creativity. It's such a fun, fast and easy thing to do. I think you will enjoy making your own designer drawer knobs. Let us know what you are making and designing. We would love to hear!

1 and 1/2 inch unfinished wooden drawer knobs with screws
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of August 07, 2018 11:48 PM - More info
Diane and Dean DIY

2 questions on this project