Is there a way to get dirt/dust stains off a cloth lamp shade?

+4
SMALL LAMP SHADE WITH LIGHT BLUE CLOTH OVER THE REGULAR PLASTIC UNDERNEATH - I TRIED TO GET IT OFF USING A SOFT TOOTH BRUSH - BUT THE STAINS WERE SET IN TOO DEEP

• Betsy Adrian Betsy Adrian on Apr 16, 2018
    I use the vacuum cleaner or a roller tape gadeget used for clothing
  • Cindy Hagemann Cindy Hagemann on Apr 16, 2018
    Try the nozzle of a vacuum cleaner, but it may need to be replaced.
    rooling lint remover or painters tape
  • 2dogal 2dogal on Apr 16, 2018
    Dust is different than stains. Dust can be removed with a soft brush or vacuum cleaner. Stains need to be treated depending upon what kind they are and what your shade is made of. I'd put cornstarch on top of the fabric for a day and see if that pulls out the stain. If not, I'd try to find out what the stain is from and go from there. Maybe just warm water on a cloth would work. Go from gentlest to most abrasive.
  • Janice Janice on Apr 16, 2018
    If the stains can't be removed, the shade can actually be painted with ordinary wall or craft paint in the color of your choice. Carefully apply with one of those foam brush type applicators or a paint brush.
    • Dra10600514 Dra10600514 on Apr 16, 2018
      THANKS JANICE -- THE PAINT JOB WAS GOING TO BE MY NEXT QUESTION IF I COULDN'T GET THE STAINS OUT - I TRIED WARM WATER AND A WASH CLOTH ON A SMALL SECTION OF THE SHADE -- BUT WHEN IT DRIED IT LEFT THE WATER MARKS -- PAINTING IT INSTEAD WAS A FANTASTIC SUGGESTION -- THANKS AGAIN, DENISE