Rolled Felt Cacti in a Glitter Pot

NEW!
I love that a simple little techniques can change the entire look of an object. Cutting Kunin Felt in a spiky spiral and then rolling it up looks just like a fun succulent that you can put in a pot or on a card!
Time: 20 MinutesCost: $10Difficulty: Easy
  • rolled felt cacti in a glitter pot
Start with green felt, and color of green is fine, you can even do other colors if you want to make it fun! Scissors, pen, glue, paint, and a terracotta pot.
  • rolled felt cacti in a glitter pot
The technique is super simple, trace a spiral shape onto your Kunin felt with spiky edges.  The more of the spiral you make the larger the cacti will be.  You can make the spikes small (for a tiny cacti) or large for a giant cacti, it is all up to you! At this point all your do is cut the shape out and roll it up to make you cacti!! 
  • rolled felt cacti in a glitter pot
Use a good tacky fast dry glue or a glue gun to help it set. 
  • rolled felt cacti in a glitter pot
I also had some fun with the terracotta pots making them into glitter pots with Plaid Folkart paints!
Here is a video on how to roll up the felt to make the cacti.
  • rolled felt cacti in a glitter pot
You can put these fun cacti outside, on a desk for decor, really anywhere you want!!
  • rolled felt cacti in a glitter pot
I made 3 smaller versions of the same cacti using the scraps of the felt.
Here is the video on how to make the tiny cacti.
  • rolled felt cacti in a glitter pot
I added the tiny cacti to a a simple layered card to really let the felt cacti be the main focus.  It turned out really fun!  In this picture you can see the difference in size from the big cacti to the smaller ones on the card.

Suggested materials for this project:

• Kunin Felt  (Amazon)
  • Beacon FabriTac Glue
  • Scissors

To see more: http://scraps-of-reflections.blogspot.com/2018/04/diy-rolled-felt-succulent-cacti-for.html

Ask the creator about this project