How do I remove paint and wallpaper glue underneath it?

+4
We bought a house with wallpaper on the bathroom ceiling. My husband removed the paper but not the glue and painted the ceiling with latex paint. it is a rippled mess. How do I get it all off?

• Chubby58 Chubby58 on Apr 17, 2018
    Try using a heat gun to get the paint and paste off, carefully, use a rubber or plastic putty knife, scrape gently, once removed, patch any divets or holes, sand, wipe again, then repaint.
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Apr 17, 2018
    It may be easier to cover up the ceiling instead.New sheet rock, ceiling tile,wood>>>>
  • Barbaramalone7 Barbaramalone7 on Apr 17, 2018
    There is a solution at Lowe’s in a spray bottle called dip. You spray it and scrape off glue and wall paper
  • Missy Burch Missy Burch on Apr 17, 2018
    I agree with Barbaramalone7- use DIP. using a heat gun will only make a mess of the sheet rock & could even cause more issues.
  • Marion Nesbitt Marion Nesbitt on Apr 18, 2018
    A heat gun could be dangerous to use. Have a 100+ yr old home. Had layers of wallpaper, paint to remove. Best buy I ever made was a wall paper steamer. Score the surface. Wet down an area thoroughly with warm water and apply the steamer. Use a putty knife to peel off the mass. Move on to the next area. Use hot water and vinegar to remove residual glue. Make repairs and prime.