Dollar Store Bin Hacks

$7

I was given the challenge of coming up with different ways to upcycle, repurpose, and use dollar store bins. I am so excited to share with you what I came up with!

You can see more of my crazy creations here

dollar store bin hacks

Hanging Basket Storage -

I found these baskets 2 for $2 at Walmart. I used Command Hooks and hung them up on the wall in my bathroom for a little extra storage.

dollar store bin hacks

Make A Side Table -

I found these wire trash cans at Walmart for $2 apiece. They do sell wire trash cans at the Dollar Tree which would also work for this project. I flipped one trash can upside down and put E6000 on the bottom.

dollar store bin hacks

I placed the other trash can right side up on top of the 1st trashcan so that the 2 bases touched. You have a couple choices for the last step... you can just rest a pizza pan on the top so that you can still get into the top basket for storage, or you can E6000 the pizza pan to the top for a more secure hold.

dollar store bin hacks

I now have a little side table that can be used inside or outside.

dollar store bin hacks

Make An Industrial Lamp -

I found this basket at Walmart on clearance for $2 and since it had a hole in the bottom I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it. I bought a light socket kit and followed the directions on it to put the light together utilizing the hole in the basket.

dollar store bin hacks

I hung it up and now it's a light for my work space.

dollar store bin hacks

Make A Storage Shelf -

All of these baskets came from Dollar Tree. Start by gluing 3 of the same sized basket together. After hot gluing to initially get them together I did place some E6000 for a more secure hold and let it dry.

dollar store bin hacks

Cut strips of pool noodle to go between the baskets and hot glue into place. This will help the baskets stand up straight. For the bottom I cut a section of pool noodle and then cut it in half. I hot glued the flat part of the noodle (so the rounded part would go on the floor) to the what would become the bottom of the storage shelf.

dollar store bin hacks

Add some baskets inside your shelf and you have some extra storage where you might need it. This is an example of bathroom storage but you could also fill the baskets with toys and use it as toy, bedroom, craft storage, etc.

dollar store bin hacks

Decorative Basket -

Start by hot gluing ribbon around your basket. I went about half way up the basket.

dollar store bin hacks

Use a pillow case or fabric to decorate the inside. I used a pillowcase and turned it inside out. I tucked it into the basket and rolled the top outside to cover the rest of the basket. The extra pillow case fabric I just folded into the bottom nicely.

dollar store bin hacks

Fill the basket up with items you need to store, or fill it with items and give it as a gift.

dollar store bin hacks

Winter Gear Storage -

You can find the full tutorial here: https://www.hometalk.com/35368109/winter-gear-storage

Using Dollar Tree trash cans, command hooks, and chalk board stickers I created easy storage for our hats, mittens, and such.

I would love to have you stop by my blog  Chas' Crazy Creations for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOsMN7hycVRco-MROXwmXg

Chas' Crazy Creations

• Ann Jorfi

what do you have in between the two wire trash cans you are using as a side table?

• Nastassia

E6000 apoxy solid bottom trash bens.... or can use fabric....

• Martha

for your wire basket table, if your pizza tray isn’t attached, That would be a perfect place to hold yur knitting yarn while your knitting and watching TV, etc. Just run your yarn through side.

• Gina Scott Roberts

What size pillow case dd you use?