Dollar Store Bin Hacks

$7

I was given the challenge of coming up with different ways to upcycle, repurpose, and use dollar store bins. I am so excited to share with you what I came up with!

You can see more of my crazy creations here

Hanging Basket Storage -

I found these baskets 2 for $2 at Walmart. I used Command Hooks and hung them up on the wall in my bathroom for a little extra storage.

Make A Side Table -

I found these wire trash cans at Walmart for $2 apiece. They do sell wire trash cans at the Dollar Tree which would also work for this project. I flipped one trash can upside down and put E6000 on the bottom.

I placed the other trash can right side up on top of the 1st trashcan so that the 2 bases touched. You have a couple choices for the last step... you can just rest a pizza pan on the top so that you can still get into the top basket for storage, or you can E6000 the pizza pan to the top for a more secure hold.

I now have a little side table that can be used inside or outside.

Make An Industrial Lamp -

I found this basket at Walmart on clearance for $2 and since it had a hole in the bottom I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it. I bought a light socket kit and followed the directions on it to put the light together utilizing the hole in the basket.

I hung it up and now it's a light for my work space.

Make A Storage Shelf -

All of these baskets came from Dollar Tree. Start by gluing 3 of the same sized basket together. After hot gluing to initially get them together I did place some E6000 for a more secure hold and let it dry.

Cut strips of pool noodle to go between the baskets and hot glue into place. This will help the baskets stand up straight. For the bottom I cut a section of pool noodle and then cut it in half. I hot glued the flat part of the noodle (so the rounded part would go on the floor) to the what would become the bottom of the storage shelf.

Add some baskets inside your shelf and you have some extra storage where you might need it. This is an example of bathroom storage but you could also fill the baskets with toys and use it as toy, bedroom, craft storage, etc.

Decorative Basket -

Start by hot gluing ribbon around your basket. I went about half way up the basket.

Use a pillow case or fabric to decorate the inside. I used a pillowcase and turned it inside out. I tucked it into the basket and rolled the top outside to cover the rest of the basket. The extra pillow case fabric I just folded into the bottom nicely.

Fill the basket up with items you need to store, or fill it with items and give it as a gift.

Winter Gear Storage -

You can find the full tutorial here: https://www.hometalk.com/35368109/winter-gear-storage

Using Dollar Tree trash cans, command hooks, and chalk board stickers I created easy storage for our hats, mittens, and such.

I would love to have you stop by my blog  Chas' Crazy Creations for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOsMN7hycVRco-MROXwmXg

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

Chas' Crazy Creations

• Ann Jorfi

what do you have in between the two wire trash cans you are using as a side table?

• Rebecca S

You made me think that you could add a larger tray in between the cans for another shelf. This would be great for crafters. And, don't glue on the top tray for storage access; yarn or decorative fill or a miniature fairy garden on peat moss or an air filter plant?

• Martha

for your wire basket table, if your pizza tray isn’t attached, That would be a perfect place to hold yur knitting yarn while your knitting and watching TV, etc. Just run your yarn through side.

• Gina Scott Roberts

What size pillow case dd you use?