Salt and Pepper Shakers Vases

$3

This is a great idea for Teacher Appreciation Week, Mother's Day, anytime you need a small but adorable gift. It took me a very short amount of time to do and I hope you enjoy it!
salt and pepper shakers vases
First to start out with salt and pepper shakers, flowers, rope, a little bit of glue, and paint.
salt and pepper shakers vases
First I removed the top of the Shakers.
salt and pepper shakers vases
I added a thin layer of paint. I will put the affiliate link for the paint I use below.
salt and pepper shakers vases
I then added another layer of paint this one is called patina Secret.
salt and pepper shakers vases
After it dried which is pretty much immediately. I discussed it with my 220 grit sandpaper.
salt and pepper shakers vases
I then took a small piece of rope I also purchased from the Dollar Tree and wrapped it around. I added to flour in Bella shipments to cover where I had tied the Rope.
salt and pepper shakers vases
I've been added my flowers and it was all done! Start to finish it took me a little less than 15 minutes including dry time with the paint. As stated above I put the affiliate link for the paint I always use for every project below. I hope you enjoy this! Please check me out on Sierra Stars Furniture & Gifts on Facebook.
salt and pepper shakers vases
salt and pepper shakers vases

To see more: https://goo.gl/PRwZ8Z

• Lynn

Why is the link for the paint not the correct one?? I happen to use that same paint and I'm wondering why the link is to "Chalky Chicks" when it should be Treasures by the Sea?

• Alicia Ranberg

These would look great as salt & pepper shakers!

U could spray them with a matte or semigloss clear spray so as to have thepaint last longer/ be more durable.

I would not sray the lids and just keep their original look.

• Mary Schafer-Vohs

I am going to make these with 2 gals I do respite for for their moms for mothers day. My question is, the first coat of paint is that on the inside or out of the jar?

Thank you for this great idea!!

• Mom16524780

Beth,

Great idea. My Dad using repurposed jars above his workbench to keep screws, nails, brads etc. I love your idea however, I also love the wall art (white filigree about the beach, ocean and mermaid. Would you let me know where I might get it? Oh, I HOPE SO, Christie

• Jackie

So dainty, pretty and ideal for small spaces. Thank you.

• Mom16524780

Beth,

Sorry I mixed the S&P shakers with a previous DIY using mason jars w/lids attached to bottom of cupboard for keeping herbs. I do love your S&P vases & may adapt it to "Republic of Tea" yins I have been saving. I do still want to know about the wall art. Christie