I am trying to figure out some kind of a screen to hide my two AC unit

+13
I can’t dig holes because of plumbing from the pool. I have one wall I could attach something to. Needs to be about 62 inches tall and 10 ft long. Wish I could send you a picture the area. i could repeat the little privacy screen I made in back of my spa but dont know how I could attach it. I took a piece of plastic lattice I had in the yard fo years and weaved my old 2 inch blinds between the lattice and it looks awesome. Thanks for any advice.
q i am trying to figure out some kind of a screen to hide my two ac unit
  • Ann Cherkas Halstead Ann Cherkas Halstead on Apr 18, 2018
    frame out lattes. And make a screen
  • Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Apr 18, 2018
    The units need really good air circulation to prevent overheating, so your options are extremely limited. Enclosing the area may also void the warranties on the units. They also could not be permanent so that access to them is provided if necessary. Perhaps some plants in pots would disguise them so that they would not be so noticeable, but make sure they are not too close so they don't get in the way of the air circulation and into the little vents.
  • Alice Alice on Apr 18, 2018
    You could build a wall with cinder blocks
  • Dfm Dfm on Apr 18, 2018
    I’m thinking 3 pallets hinged together, keep them far enough from the unit so you can hose off the coils occasionaly.
  • They have these cool new things look like bushes to wrap, or you could use old shutters hinge them and put around... or some large pots with plants.
  • Dfm Dfm on Apr 18, 2018
    are you wanting more of a fence or just hide the ac units?
  • Carol Carol on Apr 18, 2018
    just hide the AC units. I am budget minded.....not because I want to! Lol. BTY, I am not great on using a circular sa!! Thanks
  • Fiddledd224 Fiddledd224 on Apr 18, 2018
    Buy a folding screen that you can put up and take down as needed.
    • Carol Carol on Apr 18, 2018
      The problem with that is the wind is so strong here I don’t know how to secure it since I can’t dig any kind of foundation. Really like the idea though, thanks. Will keep thinking on that.
  • Sam Sam on Apr 23, 2018
    Pallets. . . Then add planters to top with ivy plants that drape down
  • Carol Carol on Apr 23, 2018
    My issue is, since I can’t dig in the dirt, how can I secure anything? Need to keep whatever to a minimum because there is a small walkway that needs to be kept open. Like the pallet idea, haven’t seen the planters on top idea. Thank you.
  • Ginny Ginny on Apr 24, 2018
    There is pre-made fencing you can buy that will hide the units. Put fencing far enough away from AC units to allow for air flow.
  • Carol Carol on Apr 25, 2018
    Thanks will check that out.
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Jan 16, 2021

Hello Carol,

Add a free standing quality UPVC White Plastic Trellis, maybe with planter attached.

• James McLaughlin James McLaughlin on Jan 16, 2021

Get some lattice pvc make a frame it around AC unit.