Making an Urn for My Favorite Greyhound, Dale.

I used an old 2x4 from a barn that was torn down. Mitred joints are surprisingly cantankerous with wood that is not square. I'll seal the front and back on when bring him home. I think just an oil finish.
As it turns out the website I used to determine how much volume of ashes we'd get back was way off, I had to start over on Dale's urn. Just so it doesn't go to waste I'm going to use this frame for a hanging succulent garden, albeit a small one.
I found a piece of wormy chestnut to use for the frame. Red oak for the inserts front and back. The frame is simple mitered joints with rabbits cut out to flush mount the red oak panels.
Some dark danish oil, because I had some, and a couple coats of clear. Added a flame tarnished copper placard, from SnappinStudios on Etsy, with Dale's ear tattoos and vital stats. His final resting place right next to our bed.

31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own

• Patti Nicholas

what a beautiful tribute to a beloved family member.

• Cyndadouglas

I have the ashes of two of my dogs, an Italian Greyhound, and a greyhound cross I had for 14 years before her. They came in nice boxes from the vet's and are on my dresser. Eventually I'll have them scattered with mine. they were both so close to me, that's all I could think to do. You made a lovely container for your dog. I still miss mine, terribly.