Painted Antique Bedroom Furniture

A sweet follower took my painting class a couple years ago and referred her friend to me. A sweet grandmother wanting to have her mother’s antique bedroom furniture set redone for her granddaughters. I was excited to be a part of that!! And I am so glad that she chose me to keep it in the family. I loved her and her sweet husband. And their love for their grandkids just was overflowing!!
Painted Antique Bedroom Furniture. I love keeping furniture in the family. She chose a custom Mixed Aqua using American Paint Company paints with cream accents {APC Home Plate}. I had this color on a buffet inside my home she fell in love with!!
This lovely set will be in her guest room for her granddaughters. In the old finish it was dark and the details didn't stand out. Painting the details a cream was a great way to accent and highlight. The hardware was primed and sprayed.
Oh the edges on this mirror were absolutely beautiful and the details were just perfect!! Love how fun and updated this set became!!
Before- what you can't see is the alligator finish this set was covered in. And on the blog I share all the details on how to paint and fix those issues that come up when redoing an antique set just like this!!
Vanity details and slight distressing.
Before
Footboard details
Before
Dresser close up details.

To see more: http://www.vintagecharmrestored.com/2014/05/paintedantiquebedroomfurniture.html