Farmhouse Entry Table

$15

Here is a nice and easy way to build your own rustic farmhouse entry or sofa table. I had some wood just laying around the house that someone had given me and I decided I was going to try making a table. Surprisingly it came out great and was not hard at all!
You will need wood. Pick some wood you will like for your legs and the frame. Then you will get wood planks that you desire for the top. I used 3x3 for the legs 2x4 for the frame and 2- 3x1boards for the top and 2- 5x1. (These are fence slot boards)
You will want to create a box which will be your frame for the table. 2x4 2-40" sides 2-15" ends
Once all the corners are screwed in and the box is secure get your 3x3 leg 30" long boards and secure them into the inside of each corner on your frame
Here is a better picture of my 3x1 & 5x1 which are the boards I am using for the top as you can see I rotated sizes. For my table I sanded the boards so they were not so rough and stained them prior to assembling the table.
Here is the frame and legs completely attached. This is where I got ready to attach my bottom box.
But before I added the top I thought to add a decorative look and to help reinforce the legs I would add a frame around the bottom as well. For this I used the 2x4 boards that had fork lift grooves. (again free wood)
Next I added a cross board. This was also to support the frame as well as the top boards that I will be attaching. This way if you use the table to hold heavier items your top boards wont bow or twist over time.
Here I attached my top boards. For my table I left a 2" over hang all the way around. You don't have to it really depends on your personal liking. These are what I had on hand.
Here is my table all complete. I love it!
My entry table added a nice focal point in my front room for when you walk through the front door. It also could be used behind  couch or anywhere in the house to give some rustic farmhouse feels. Hope you enjoy! You could even do a two tone and paint the legs and stain the top let your creativity flow!

• Joanie

Your table is Country and I love it.........you did a great job!

I also love the chalk board sign..........awesome. May I copy the quote?

• Stephanie Slack

Love this table!! I first viewed your Napkin Table post and then searched for this one. Two questions: 1. Since the top boards are running long ways, would it be possible to do a mod podge napkin top of this table? 2. I need a table with a bottom shelf. Would it be easy to add a shelf?

• Shelly L Nemeth

You can piece the napkins together to do long, however you could run them front to back front to back it’s just faster running Long was. Here is one done with boards Long was

• Mary Bores

while building this in the top photos, the grooves on the bottom are facing out, but in the finished, stained photos, the grooves are then facing in, when did you decide to change that around?

• Viv

I believe there are more than one table.