Farmhouse Entry Table

$15

Here is a nice and easy way to build your own rustic farmhouse entry or sofa table. I had some wood just laying around the house that someone had given me and I decided I was going to try making a table. Surprisingly it came out great and was not hard at all!
farmhouse entry table
You will need wood. Pick some wood you will like for your legs and the frame. Then you will get wood planks that you desire for the top. I used 3x3 for the legs 2x4 for the frame and 2- 3x1boards for the top and 2- 5x1. (These are fence slot boards)
farmhouse entry table
You will want to create a box which will be your frame for the table. 2x4 2-40" sides 2-15" ends
farmhouse entry table
Once all the corners are screwed in and the box is secure get your 3x3 leg 30" long boards and secure them into the inside of each corner on your frame
farmhouse entry table
Here is a better picture of my 3x1 & 5x1 which are the boards I am using for the top as you can see I rotated sizes. For my table I sanded the boards so they were not so rough and stained them prior to assembling the table.
farmhouse entry table
Here is the frame and legs completely attached. This is where I got ready to attach my bottom box.
farmhouse entry table
But before I added the top I thought to add a decorative look and to help reinforce the legs I would add a frame around the bottom as well. For this I used the 2x4 boards that had fork lift grooves. (again free wood)
farmhouse entry table
Next I added a cross board. This was also to support the frame as well as the top boards that I will be attaching. This way if you use the table to hold heavier items your top boards wont bow or twist over time.
farmhouse entry table
Here I attached my top boards. For my table I left a 2" over hang all the way around. You don't have to it really depends on your personal liking. These are what I had on hand.
farmhouse entry table
Here is my table all complete. I love it!
farmhouse entry table
My entry table added a nice focal point in my front room for when you walk through the front door. It also could be used behind  couch or anywhere in the house to give some rustic farmhouse feels. Hope you enjoy! You could even do a two tone and paint the legs and stain the top let your creativity flow!
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of September 15, 2018 10:02 PM - More info

• KAREN P

Easy peasy table idea. Great idea. Can't wait to try this. One question though,where did you get the angel wings? I love and collect angels,but I don't have wings.

• The13363824

Your table is Country and I love it.........you did a great job!

I also love the chalk board sign..........awesome. May I copy the quote?

• Stephanie Slack

Love this table!! I first viewed your Napkin Table post and then searched for this one. Two questions: 1. Since the top boards are running long ways, would it be possible to do a mod podge napkin top of this table? 2. I need a table with a bottom shelf. Would it be easy to add a shelf?

• Shelly L Nemeth

You can piece the napkins together to do long, however you could run them front to back front to back it’s just faster running Long was. Here is one done with boards Long was