How to Make a Pallet Bar for Outside Entertainment

73K Views
Summer has got to come soon and I'm ready to party!!! I 've made 4 of these bars now, one last year and three last month! I kept this one for myself along with the one I made last year.
Time: 1 DaysCost: $0Difficulty: Medium
  • how to make a pallet bar for outside entertainment
I had a very long piece of wood ( 8' x 9" x 1 1/2") and I cut it in half with a circular saw. Now I have two 4' long pieces perfect for the tops of the bars!
I hate removing the nails but must be done! Two of these pieces will be the bottom of the bar along with what I will call feet made from posts I cut to size for added height.
The tools I used for this project. Sanding down the pallet wood can be tedious but must be done!
All sanded down and ready to put together. This is the front of the bar.
and this is the back of the bar . I cut down the pieces that were damaged and used them for the shelves along with smaller pieces of the same pallets to make braces for the shelves. All the wood is from these two pallets!
I used Unicorn SPiT in white and
turquoise for the shelves. I then used a clear gloss spray paint to seal the SPiT.
The SPiT colors I used for this project and I love them!!! Can't wait to do a really big project with the other colors very soon!
When I was finished I thought it was too plain jane for me! I needed some color At the time I made this bar I only had white and turquoise colored SPiT.
So I used some acrylic paint in blue and green shades! I think they say summer!!  
I drew out a big butterfly on the front of the bar to go with...
the bar I made last year that has flowers! I posted this one under hometalk.com/28947937/colorful-front-porch-redo-for-free?r=1
That post shows much more detail on building the bar!
The finished bar !! So summery and can't wait to put it to use! I also added solar lights to the butterfly and meant to take a picture last night but forgot, so I'll add a pic tonight!
Thanks for looking and I love all questions and comments!
 out people!!

Solar lights for the hot summer nights!
Flashing or steady they are always ready to light up the night!

Suggested materials for this project:

View All Materials
Prices updated as of July 11, 2018 10:19 PM - More infoHometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.