Trying Something Different for a Table Top

$5

I had found this little side table in a warehouse and took it home for some TLC. It was pretty damaged so I painted it white using acrylic paint. But I was not really happy with it. It was very bland and it also had a few problems on the top. So I thought I would throw caution to the wind and try something different.
trying something different for a table top
The top had some sort of glue on it and a piece of fabric which I had to pull off. Because the top was so rough I had just placed a piece of fabric on top to cover the ugly. But it was time to do something about it.
See how it looks on top? Now there are many things you can do with it, like strip the paint, or sand it down but I was feeling a bit lazy and actually wanted to work with this look. I was going to highlight that texture!
I ended up painting the top blue, and then decoupaging pieces of paper doilies onto the top to make a cute pattern. I love using decoupage to change the look of furniture.
I liked the blue paint so much, I also added it to other areas of the side table. See how it pops on the knob?

And that blue color also matches perfectly with another table in the room.
Above you can see how the doilies were just perfect for this side table and really make it special now whereas before it was just very plain. I think I did right by this old table. It has style now.

But that's not all I did to it! To see what else, click on the link below.

• Mod podge
  • Paper doilies
Mary - The Boondocks Blog