How do you clean blinds that are stuck(basically) in a camper

+7
My husband used to smoke very heavily and I travel for work, came back and my blinds are all dingy yellowish color and I don't know how to remove them and get new ones. Trying to clean is basically almost impossible. Can anyone help me?

• Jcraw Jcraw on Apr 21, 2018
    Open the doors, tape a tarp to your sills, and lay newspaper on the tarp to collect runoff.
    Awesome, from almost any Dollar store, melts that stuff. A sort of yellow liquid in an excellent spray bottle. Buy a few $1 ea..
    The tarp, etc is because you don’t want it streaking down your walls. You can do those later with a rag to avoid a streaking mess, but for the blinds just spray the suckers and have lots of paper towels and a trash can near by, open windows and gloves on your hands.
  • Dfm Dfm on Apr 21, 2018
    wear gloves...the nicotine can be absorbed by skin contact.
  • Flipturn Flipturn on Apr 21, 2018
    What kind of blinds are they and what material are they made out of?
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Apr 21, 2018
    Use a Steamer........
  • Donna Gibson-Conley Donna Gibson-Conley on Apr 21, 2018
    Mix up some Oxy Clean and water, just run a cloth over each slat!
  • Redcatcec Redcatcec on Apr 21, 2018
    "Awesome" from Dollar tree would work well, but be prepared with something absorbent for the runoff. I can sympathize with you and the nicotine mess. We borrowed a truck several years back and as payment we were to clean the cab, this truck was owned by 2 chain smokers. It was just overwhelming at the amount of nicotine coming off the interior of that vehicle. You would have to see it to believe it.
  • Greeneyes Greeneyes on Apr 22, 2018
    Thank you so much and one more question, how about the string as well, will it clean it as well?
  • Deb K Deb K on Apr 22, 2018
    So is there now way to take them out? If not then use warm soapy water (Mr Clean) and microfiber cloth and wipe in the direction of the slats
  • They are removable and replaceable. On mine I need to unscrew and remove the valance first, then the blinds. Find a good RV supply house in your area and they will be able to help you. In the interim, you have great suggestions here on how to clean them.
  • Greeneyes Greeneyes on Apr 23, 2018
    Thank you.