The Abstract Way

40K Views
I love painting stripes. There is something so satisfying about taking an abstract design and turning it into a work of art!
In this case, my friend brought me her large kitchen table. She wanted this design in the table but when it was the unexapanded shape. So I drew a line where I thiught I would divide the pattern.
Time: 2 WeeksCost: $10Difficulty: Medium
  • the abstract way
I sanded down every square inch of this tale as she wanted it “farmhouse brown”.
once it was finally sanded, I added two coats of stain. I honestly cannot tell you what col R this is or what combination as I LOVE mixing my colors.
  • the abstract way
I added masking tape to create the abstract pattern she wanted when table was collapsed. I then expanded the table and created my own design to blend in the table leaves. I took it outside and sprayed gold paint to finish the look. Add several layers of polyurethane and it was done!
  • the abstract way
  • the abstract way

Suggested materials for this project:

Prices updated as of May 24, 2018 11:05 PM - More infoHometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
Julee

Want more details about this project and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!

• Sandra Crosbie
    Sandra Crosbie Ireland

Wow!!! That is stunning. You really gave it a new lease of life. You happifiyed it so much it is positively glowing with pride. You will have one stunned, delighted friend. It is gorgeous. Well done. 👏👏👏👏👍👍🐙🐙

• Lilamber2016
      Lilamber2016

This is awesome! I might have to try this although I just sanded and stained my kitchen table but that just means in 1/2 way there :-) thanks for sharing. I love seeing other people's ideas.Looks great :-)