Julee
Julee
  • San Antonio, TX

The Abstract Way

$10
2 Weeks

I love painting stripes. There is something so satisfying about taking an abstract design and turning it into a work of art!
In this case, my friend brought me her large kitchen table. She wanted this design in the table but when it was the unexapanded shape. So I drew a line where I thiught I would divide the pattern.
the abstract way
I sanded down every square inch of this tale as she wanted it “farmhouse brown”.
the abstract way, This is the original damaged condition
This is the original damaged condition
the abstract way, Almost to the bare wood
Almost to the bare wood!
once it was finally sanded, I added two coats of stain. I honestly cannot tell you what col R this is or what combination as I LOVE mixing my colors.
the abstract way
I added masking tape to create the abstract pattern she wanted when table was collapsed. I then expanded the table and created my own design to blend in the table leaves. I took it outside and sprayed gold paint to finish the look. Add several layers of polyurethane and it was done!
the abstract way
the abstract way
Julee

• Judy

Wow you did a great job. (A lot of work). Is this what you’re friend calls farmhouse brown?

• Jeri Walker

Great Job, did you spray the sealer on or brush it on?

• Julee

Hi

i rolled it on and then brushed over the air bubbbles. I’m just starting to use an air spray gun. I need more practice still

• Birdz of a Feather

Just a question to clarify: did you leave the masking tape on the tape and then seal it onto the surface or are the stripes painted?

• Jewell Martin

A modern art design on a rustic construction table. The masking tape made this simple design possible, believing the gold effect. Terrific! ☺️