DIY Drink and Bar Cart, Perfect for Entertaining Outside!

$50.00

Pick up a cheap TV stand or cart from a thrift store or garage sale. Add wheels if necessary, an inexpensive galvanzed bucket and some MDF and you are on your way to a custom Drink and Snack Station!
Get ready for warm weather with this easy to make and paint Drink and Snack Cart! Keep your drinks cold by making a custom lid to fit an inexpensive galvanized tub.
I found this cart at a garage sale. The top was not quite as big as I would have like, so I added a larger piece of MDF to the top to expand the surface.
I also purchased a large galvanized tub at Home Depot.
I thoroughly primed the cart knowing it would be outside and I wanted the paint to hold up.
I spray painted the galvanized bucket in red, then traced around the top onto another piece of MDF. This will now be the lid for the bucket.
I used a jigsaw to cut the lid.
Painted the lid the same as the bucket, and added a large, inexpensive industrial handle from Home Depot. I measured to the center of the lid and put the handle right in center.
I used large industrial letter stencils to put "Chillax" on the bucket and used paint pens for the yellow, outlined with black. I painted the cart in free paint that was given to me by a contractor friend.

Redoux Interiors

• Sheri Farley

I have a knife display case do you or anyone else have any ideas what I could use it for? Drink cart? Something else?

• Maura

I use something similar as a shoe holder (it has doors on mine) and place to put down my purse by the front door, a makeshift mudroom area...I have a vertical mirror with hooks above it...use Cute paint and you can tile or paper all top, insides etc...so cute. wheels on it and it depending on size a bar cart or plant stand etc...or even kitchen island

• Tangiela Helem Mason

I have a much larger galvanized tub that I want to use for summer parties and your post gave me an idea of how to improve it. Thanks.

• Maura

SUPER CUTE. GREAT IDEA. Both sturdy and cute. thanks for sharing!!