Redoux Interiors
Redoux Interiors
  • Brentwood, CA

DIY Drink and Bar Cart, Perfect for Entertaining Outside!

$50.00

Pick up a cheap TV stand or cart from a thrift store or garage sale. Add wheels if necessary, an inexpensive galvanzed bucket and some MDF and you are on your way to a custom Drink and Snack Station!
diy drink and bar cart perfect for entertaining outside, outdoor furniture, outdoor living, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling
Get ready for warm weather with this easy to make and paint Drink and Snack Cart! Keep your drinks cold by making a custom lid to fit an inexpensive galvanized tub.
I found this cart at a garage sale. The top was not quite as big as I would have like, so I added a larger piece of MDF to the top to expand the surface.
I also purchased a large galvanized tub at Home Depot.
I thoroughly primed the cart knowing it would be outside and I wanted the paint to hold up.
I spray painted the galvanized bucket in red, then traced around the top onto another piece of MDF. This will now be the lid for the bucket.
I used a jigsaw to cut the lid.
Painted the lid the same as the bucket, and added a large, inexpensive industrial handle from Home Depot. I measured to the center of the lid and put the handle right in center.
I used large industrial letter stencils to put "Chillax" on the bucket and used paint pens for the yellow, outlined with black. I painted the cart in free paint that was given to me by a contractor friend.
Redoux Interiors

• Sheri Farley

I have a knife display case do you or anyone else have any ideas what I could use it for? Drink cart? Something else?

• Maura

I use something similar as a shoe holder (it has doors on mine) and place to put down my purse by the front door, a makeshift mudroom area...I have a vertical mirror with hooks above it...use Cute paint and you can tile or paper all top, insides etc...so cute. wheels on it and it depending on size a bar cart or plant stand etc...or even kitchen island

• Tangiela Helem Mason

I have a much larger galvanized tub that I want to use for summer parties and your post gave me an idea of how to improve it. Thanks.

• Maura

SUPER CUTE. GREAT IDEA. Both sturdy and cute. thanks for sharing!!