How to Paint-Pour on a Chair Inspired by a Geode

$35

How to do a "Geode-Inspired Paint-Pour" on a wooden chair- Inspired by Anthropologie geode drawer knobs
This project was so fun and easy, even though it looks like you need to be a super talent..you don't.
I found this Pottery Barn desk chair at a yard sale for 5.00 and you'll never believe what I did to it!
I was inspired by these Geode knobs I bought at Anthropologie.
For more photos and detailed instructions on this project, please watch my YouTube Tutorial, by clicking the arrow above.
OR read my blog HERE

The finished Product! A beautiful, functional piece of art!
A simple design of all the colors poured out in thin lines is the starting point for this fun technique.
Spray with a water until paint is thin and runny and then tilt in different directions until you achieve the look you want.
Sand with a sanding sponge until all the colors pop to desired finish and then seal with DIY PAINT Big Top Sealer. A key thing to note before you start this project, is that you will need to mix a 50/50 ratio of Big Top (pictured above) with every paint color you decide to use. If you don't do this, the results will not be the same. Watch my video or read the blog post for more details on this tip.
I also used DIY PAINT Golden Ticket on the metal legs of this chair for a finished look.
Let dry overnight. You can create this geode-look to any piece of furniture.
For more information on DIY PAINT or becoming a DIY Paint Retailer go to debisdesigndiary.com

• DIY PAINT HEY SAILOR  (debisdesigndiary.com)
  • DIY PAINT MERMAID TAIL  (debisdesigndiary.com)
  • DIY PAINT FARM FRESH  (debisdesigndiary.com)

12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
15 Perfectly Round Tables
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
Debi Beard

• Martha

Why not just use gold spray paint for the legs?

• ArtisMe2

Well, first off, I LOVE YOUR PERSONALITY and how it SHINES through in your videos. This was my first encounter with you and it was fun! I LOVE your chair, although I was CRAZY anxious while you were doing it. As an art teacher I thought it was ruined when you started messing with that stick and making opposite patterns to the paint. It was for naught because it was GREAT! I also wonder why you just didn't spray paint the base.

• Bbunny

Love this chair! Would this process work on a glass-topped coffee table with a rustic iron base? Also, just to clearify --you mix the Big Top Sealer with each color of paint before you pour it on your item, right? Then do you need an additional sealer to cover the entire item as the last step in this process and if so, what kind? Thank you.

• Johanne Palange

You have inspired me! This idea is going to be related to what I end up doing to my kitchen chairs. I just couldn't decide what I should do with them but this is my answer. Thank you.

• Johanne Palange

Practising on the underside first! Now that's brilliant.