Chalk Paint - DIY Coffee Table Makeover

$25

Hello friends!
I hope you all had a fantastic weekend. Mine was packed with activities and went by too quickly. Anxious about next weekend getting here already. :)
I wanted to reveal to you all today my goodwill coffee table find that I made over while partnering up with the company Annie Sloan to review their chalk paint, soft waxes, and brush products!
I was so excited that this company was willing to send me products to try out. I have heard many bloggers rave about their chalk paint and waxes…I thought it was high time that I finally try it.
First thing I was excited about was that I didn’t have to prime anything on my table! The chalk paint does all the work.
There was some inspiration that went into this coffee table. I knew I wanted to play with some exposed wood grain, and maybe a pretty decal to use as a reverse stencil to achieve that look. I went into this project hoping for the best, but without a real plan to achieve the look I had envisioned in my head. This is often how my projects begin. I like getting creative and “winging it” sometimes.
I will start this review and tutorial after the sanding process. I will tell you that I did used an orbital sander for this job mostly 80 grit sandpaper. The legs and base of the table were painted black. I was not having it. That needed to go ASAP!
I spent $25 on this table at the Goodwill, which was such a surprise!!
I began wiping down my table after sanding it to remove the excess dust and dirt before taping the lines I wanted to mask off to have the wood grain show through. I pretty much eye balled this part as the scalloped edges of the table made it easy to match up on either side.
see more at the blog www.artsandclassy.com
Learn how to make a custom stencil for your furniture project at the blog www.artsandclassy.com
The finished product!

3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
Meredith Schneider

• Janet koons

It looks like a waxing brush you painted the gray on with. Is that correct? Anyway, it looks great!

• Meredith Schneider

@Janet koons yes it was. I was sent only one brush. It just took some cleaning between steps. But in my research that brush can be used for both painting and waxing.