Cleaning mini blinds

+5
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Apr 24, 2018
    what are they made of?
  • Dfm Dfm on Apr 24, 2018
    spring cleaning..take out side and hose them off Front and back Use a small brush or clothe to scrub any goop. Let dry, check all cords for wear and tear. Replace cords if needed. Re hang.
  • Sue Sue on Apr 24, 2018
    Believe it or not, I use Lysol bathroom cleaner, or Scrubbing Bubbles basin, bowl, and tub cleaner. Spray it on, wait a moment, and then wipe it off.
    For larger and wider blinds I sometimes lay them on the outdoor carpeting on the patio and spray them the same way or use a mixture of dish washing liquid and water, use a small mop to clean them, and then hose them off. I allow the blinds to dry before hanging them again. This works well on very hot days.
  • Joy30150932 Joy30150932 on Apr 24, 2018
    If they can be removed it is easier to wash them off by standing them on end in a shower. If not, use a solution of warm water, baking soda and vinegar and wipe down one side and then turn the shade and do the other side.
  • Dfm Dfm on Apr 24, 2018
    cold water should not shrink the fabric if fabric covered.
  • Pat Russell Pat Russell on Apr 24, 2018
    When the vacuum cleaner doesn't get all the dust anymore, I take them down and put them in the bathtub with a little Dawn. Let them soak a while and wash with a sponge brush. Then I take them outside, spray with the hose and let hang from the fence and drip dry. Then rehang. Yes, it's a project and I don't do it often!
  • Michelle Leslie Michelle Leslie on Jul 12, 2020

Hi there, this handy hometalk tutorial will show you how - http://www.hometalk.com/1067002/how-to-clean-blinds-the-easy-way