What can I do with an ugly 3 wick candle?

+20
It stands 8” tall and 6“ in diameter and is dark burgundy in color. Help please.
q what can i do with an ugly 3 wick candle
  • why not paint the candle or decorate with some costume jewelry to make it more to your taste? I would stage it on a tray with a few other items.
  • Dysko7710 Dysko7710 on Apr 25, 2018
    I had ugly 'off white' candles and I painted them black (I mixed baking soda into the paints I used to help them stick to the wax), then painted them over that with white, and then used a box cutter to slice lines in them to look like white birch candles instead. Here are some other ideas, as well:
  • Ken Ken on Apr 25, 2018
    Eye of the beholder kind of thing. Someone would love this candle and think it's beautiful or smells nice.

You could touch fire to each of the three wicks and burn it. I believe that this is what nature intended. Put it on a plate so the wax does not ruin whatever it is placed on, like your washer.

I've melted candles down and recast them in glass jars.
  • Janet Panos Janet Panos on Apr 25, 2018
    Hello! Assuming you just dob’t Like the color, I would probably keep it hidden during the day and jyst bring it out at night. Light it at night in the back porch or deck. That way you fob’t Really see the color — just the light. You could also re-gift it — give it to someone you know who likes candles! If you have the time, along with other candles or leftover wax, you can melt down into sone new candles. Click on the link below to see instructions. Good luck!

• Amy Ogden-Paparone Amy Ogden-Paparone on Apr 25, 2018
    Hi Ma,
    How about some of these ideas? If nothing else they'll get your creative juices flowing and I'm sure you'll like at least one of them or even come up with some of your own. Maybe incorporating a little bit from each! Good Luck and I'd love to see your finished product once it's done.

• Virginia Virginia on Apr 25, 2018
    Whittle it into a beautiful sculpture (or get an artist or art student to do it).
  • If you hate it so much ill take it...just sayin
  • Pat Pat on Apr 26, 2018
    I put my candle on a tall glass cake plate and surrounded it with artificial grapes. Use it on my dining table with a white doiley crocheted by my aunt.
  • Cindy Cindy on Apr 26, 2018
    Tie 2 1-2” strip of burlap around it with some raffia. Add a pretty pink/white silk flower in it.
  • Fiddledd224 Fiddledd224 on Apr 26, 2018
    I would break it into many small pieces which can be used many ways. This includes using pieces in a wax warmer, using it to batik cloth, put it in a small dish to fragrance a small room or bathroom, there are many uses!
  • Chubby58 Chubby58 on Apr 26, 2018
    Try a glass vase a little larger than the candle. Put the candle in and surround it with tiny rocks, like the size of aquarium rocks. That will cover up all the burgundy except the top.
  • Debbie Kuhar Debbie Kuhar on Apr 27, 2018
    I have candles stored away just in case we loose electric.

• Ma Galbo Ma Galbo on Apr 27, 2018
    thanks for the help. I’ve got lots of fun ideas now! 😃
  • Janet Panos Janet Panos on Apr 28, 2018
    You’re welcome!
  • Allinthefamilysingers Allinthefamilysingers on Apr 29, 2018
    Take other colors even of candles or crayons light them let them melt and run down the sides. You can purchase or even make candle jewelry or words.
  • modge podge a decorative napkin on it
  • Nancy Nichols Smith Nancy Nichols Smith on Apr 30, 2018
    I see it as the base for a wonderful centerpiece, and you can use wirecutters to shorten the stems on artificial flowers and foliage, and stick them directly into the wax. I would put a small piece of fabric on the bottom, so if the room gets warm, it doesn't stick to whatever furniture it is sitting on. Another trick I use successfully is to warm a darning needle (larger and wider than a regular needle) by dipping it in hot water, to melt the beginning of a hole where I want to add the stem.