New Bed

$200

I realized the other day that my 11 year old could not stretch out straight in her full sized bed anymore. Her feet would hang over the edge. So I looked online for beds and just gave up.

I didn’t want to spend the money on a new bed and I was at a standstill with projects so I decided to grab some lumber from Lowes and create my own!

So we created a plan and started cutting the wood. Within no time I had the headboard completed and upright!

I created an apron for the daybed next.

I added slats along the bottom for support. I placed a plywood board on top of the slates so that it would hold the mattress properly.

All that was left to do was to figure out a trundle design for storage! I originally created one big trundle and was going to buy aweomse dividers and accessories for her. That idea failed somehow. I ended up creating 3 separate drawers that she can fill to her heart’s content!

This was the first design as one big trundle.

The finished product! What do you think?

31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
Everything Red For Canada Day
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
Julee

• Mary Becker

How long is it? What size mattress did you use? My 11 year old grandson has the same dangling feet problem. 😝

• Sue

If you do a single & not a full size bed, an extra long twin is 1/2 of a king size bed. Great idea!

• Cze17582784

Looks great!!! I have been looking at places for beds for my

giant husband and can’t find any that would hold his frame I think I will take your inspiration and build an adult version. What did you do for the drawer support?

• Julee

I just used a plywood base for the drawer and two heavy duty castors near the back third. The drawer will not come all the way out unless angled properly so it’s is balanced by the outside frame and the castors when closed. I apologize for not taking pictures of the drawers, but I didn’t do them the “right” way

• Janet B

Love it!!! Brilliant!!!