Selling my house

+20
What are the most important details that I should be concerned with it’s in a natural mountain setting over the lake should I add extra floral or keep it natural is less truly more ?
q selling my house
The house has 2 floors looks small from the front
q selling my house
Added glass backsplash to the kitchen it’s beautiful!
  • Maria Vidal Maria Vidal on Apr 26, 2018
    Yes, less is more. We have 16 offers on our house. Remove personal stuff let them vision their stuff in your home. Good luck!
  • Lana Hassell Lana Hassell on Apr 26, 2018
    Make sure your home smells good. Nothing turns a buyer off like bad odors.
  • Holly Kinchlea-Brown Holly Kinchlea-Brown on Apr 26, 2018
    I wouldn’t add extra floral, some people will get turned off if they think there is a lot of maintenance anybody who wants extra flowers will add it themselves. probably the most important thing to remember when selling is to keep the house clean, decluttered and free from personalized touches.
  • Erin Hugar Chavez Erin Hugar Chavez on Apr 27, 2018
    I agree with de-cluttering and allowing people to envision themselves there; but there is also to be said to allowing them to see an improvement in their current lives as well. I would add a few hanging plants and a few lake accessories. Especially if people have never lived by a lake, they will be excited about that and it'll add to what their new lifestyle will be like.

So de-cluttered with a bit of local flair and some simple plants. :)

(Spider plants are super simple to grow.)
  • Bijous Bijous on Apr 27, 2018
    Make sure it's clean, clean, clean. Wash windows for a sparkling view; wipe down the walls and light switches. And safe. If you have an area around the outside of the house that you can't get to easily or has wobbly pavers - fix. No one wants to work hard at the lake so make sure there's no outside projects that are left to do. Good luck!
  • Gwen Kurth Gwen Kurth on Apr 27, 2018
    ds it will make your house smell good.s.put cinnamon in half cup of water in micro for 30 seconclear porch,shovel snow,no dirty dishes or unmade bed
  • Annie Annie on Apr 27, 2018
    I agree with all said. Make sure everything it tidy to the max and clean in and out. Dirty windows are a particular turn off. Arrange furniture to emphasize the waterfront area. If there’s seating outside, primp up that area. I sold my house on a pond in one day, way over asking price.
  • Betsy Betsy on Apr 27, 2018
    Yes, less is best. You may be spending money on something you absolutely love but the new people will absolutely hate. Just keep the house clean, and clutter free. Clean the closets and have just a few things in there to make it appear bigger. Put fresh flowers around, or freshly baked cookies on the table for the prospective buyers to sample. Or, you can go to the store and get some of that frozen bread that you bake to make bread and pop that in the oven for a really nice smell. Good luck, your home looks and sounds quite amazing:)
  • Shore grandmom Shore grandmom on Apr 27, 2018
    As well as what was said by others, open all window coverings and let the sun shine in. Make sure windows are clean. Turn on all lights even on a bright sunny day, the more light, the better. Remove all personal things (pictures, stuff hanging on the refrigerator, etc). Also remove any furniture not needed or any kind of clutter (put it storage if you have to). It will make it look bigger. If the walls are dark, paint them a light color (it makes the rooms look bigger and brighter). Other than some paint, it really isn't necessary to do any updates as the new owners may have different tastes and will probably change it anyhow. Keep everything clean so you're not running around before a showing. Make the beds when you get up. Be careful burning candles, a scent you like may not smell so good to someone else . The smell of a strong scented candle could also trigger an asthma attack or appear to be covering something up. Flowers could also trigger allergies or asthma. The smell of clean or some freshly baked goods is much more enticing. When your home is being shown, remove all animals and put away their paraphernalia if at all possible. Good luck.
  • D roach D roach on Apr 27, 2018
    Looking at your picture of the front of your house I would say you need to work on your curb appeal. I personally would not look any further than the details and would not request a viewing based on that picture. Clear up your porch and cover the eyesore of the air con unit. It may be a selling point but not on the front porch. Also what is that on the right of the path? Look at it as though you were a potential buyer not a seller. Hope it goes well.
    • Ann Ann on Apr 27, 2018
      It’s on a lake! There will be lookers and offers! The only thing that turns me off is the snow. 😜
  • Charlene Houle Charlene Houle on Apr 27, 2018
    love these answers thank you all !
    I feel the house needs to be as natural as possible I have beautiful natural ferns that surround the property theyre stunning & make the property! It’s semi private views from the deck that overlooks the lake 💗 I have big beautiful windows that all look to the lake from the back of the house & it’s very economical as my late husband & I built it that way.
  • Lisa S. Lisa S. on Apr 27, 2018
    If this is meant as a vacation house, people don't want a lot of upkeep and trimming.
  • Emily Emily on Apr 27, 2018
    Each time this question comes up, I am reminded of what a realtor giving me an estimate of the value of my house said to me: "While I usually tell people to clear up and put things away, I would not recommend that to you. . . you should keep every thing exactly as it is" This makes me think that the usual advice is not applicable in all situations and cases.
  • EllieBellie EllieBellie on Apr 28, 2018
    "LESS IS MORE" ... Clutter Free! Best of Luck!
  • Connie Quine Connie Quine on Apr 28, 2018
    Yes, less is more, but you might have a SMALL floral arrangement in one room, but for a mountain cabin, most people are looking for a rustic look. I do love your backsplash though!
    • Charlene Houle Charlene Houle on Apr 28, 2018
      I actually found these online & it cost me about $175.00 which was an amazing price 💕 the person selling them had purchased them for another job but the lady changed her mind (sorry for her AWESOME for me ) my son put them in saved probably $2,000.00 on this deal & I do love ❤️ it !!
  • Ro Ro on Apr 28, 2018
    Think like a hotel. You need the space to look welcoming but not too personalized
  • Ellis Ellis on May 12, 2018
    It looks like a gorgeous setting. Clear away the clutter when the snow melts (you don't want them looking at stuff, maybe a pretty pot of flowers on the front steps, and make sure nothing blocks the windows looking out to the lake! Realtor told me to take whatever possible out of closets, so they look roomy. Good luck.
  • Laspomkji Laspomkji on Jun 18, 2021

Mountain homes are traditionally built from log or timber frames but stonework, board and batten and shake are all popular materials used in designing mountain homes to combine rustic and contemporary styles. As you begin your search for the perfect mountain house plan, you'll want to look for a plan that has adequate space for sleeping, enough bathrooms and a well-designed kitchen area so you can cook, eat and gather.