Asked on Apr 26, 2018

I want to make railing for my deck. Must be inexpensive and very easy

AliceSherylJohnavallance82
+5

10 feet between posts
  • Ken
    Ken

Very easy and inexpensive don't go together here. Very easy = have someone else do it.

What I am seeing in a quick search for deck railing sections in vinyl is around $200 per section. Not a terribly difficult installation but there will be some cutting and fitting. Very low maintenance.

You could build the rail system from pressure treated lumber. That would be the least expensive but the most work. Figure on around $100 per section for materials. Since it does not come in a kit you will have to do some design work. Google search will lead you to sites with advice on how to design and build it. Continual maintenance if you want to keep it looking good.

• Trudi
    Trudi

I would just put up cross beams were you already have the poles up. You can put as many as you want for the height you are after.
  • Ann Cherkas Halstead
    Ann Cherkas Halstead

Frame out lattice and install
  • Cindy
    Cindy

go to some housing job sites get left overs
  • Emily
    Emily

You could use a combination of the suggestions above. Lattice only comes in 8ft lengths, but if you attach it to a bottom and top cross piece. Of course that would leave a foot on either side which may be enough for a little one to crawl through!
  • Johnavallance82
    Johnavallance82

Try converting Old Pallets.........
  • Sheryl
    Sheryl

My father in laws deck rail was redone with 2 plastic chains across each section .its more decorative than functional, but was easy to install
  • Alice
    Alice

Here's a video that might help...