Dressing Up an Interior Door

$10

I painted a hollow core interior door with some leftover paint from painting our bathroom, but something looked too plain and sterile about the door, which wasn't the effect I wanted.
I knew that I liked the color on the door, but it lacked character and didn't complement the new molding wall (out of wood louvers) I was creating.
So, I planned out how large I wanted the trim using a 1x6 to trace a border around the door. Then I cut some reclaimed quarter round and used construction adhesive to add a 4-panel look to it.
After caulking and painting the trim I literally glued on, the door looks so much better! The gray is somewhat modern, while the trim makes this hollow-core door look classier than before. :) Best of all, it was pretty simple to do, and cost me less than my husband's usual Starbucks order, haha.

Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
Yvonne @ Sunnyside Up-Stairs