Asked on Apr 27, 2018

Ok I removed the wallboard and now the outlets stand out . Help?

Hotheadzmarine.williamsonJaniceBetsy
+6

Betsy

I'm not understanding that they stand out. Did you put new wall on where the wallboard was removed? You can paint the outlets.
    • Sandy
      Sandy

The wallboard stood out from the actual wall approx 1/4 inch. So after removing that wallboard , the wallplates do not sit flush against the wall.
  • Ken
    Ken

Okay, why did you remove the wallboard and what did you use to replace it?
    Betsy

Hmm, so the wall plates were countersunk when the wallboard was on? Is it possible to trim the wood behind the wall plates to make them sit in a little bit or just screw them in a little tighter?
    Betsy

HAHAHA No problem. Sometimes we overlook the obvious. I had an electrician over to put a ceiling fan in the bedroom. A few days later that entire side of the house lost power. He came and looked at everything and couldn't find the problem. He was so frustrated:) Since he got his hands dirty looking in the basement, he went into the bathroom to wash his hands and he glanced over and noticed that the GFCI had popped. He pushed it in and everything turned back on. He came out, laughed and said "Next time, push the button!" Who knew???? We had a good laugh and he said he should have checked that first. No charge, but red faces all around:) Very happy you found a solution:)
  • Janice
    Janice

What are you replacing the wallboard with?
    • Sandy
      Sandy

Just removing. It was pink flowered wallboard. I plan to put some texture on the wall and then paint offwhite
  • Hotheadzmarine.williamson
    Hotheadzmarine.williamson

what thickness are we talking about