Keeping heavy flowers upright and beautiful

+5
Looking for beautiful borders to keep my heavy flowers upright without hiding them. Pioneas , Glads and even sunflower droop. Any pretty border ideas that add to the look versus looking like a brace?

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Apr 27, 2018
    use peony cages
    • Debbie Vicchiarelli Debbie Vicchiarelli on Apr 27, 2018
      I'm using tomato cages now in the peonies - was hoping for something more creative - I guess I could decorate the cages with butterflies or something
  • Tinyshoes Tinyshoes on Apr 27, 2018
    Some garden centers have trellises that are different sizes that would possibly work
    weave solar lights through the cages
  • Betsy Betsy on Apr 27, 2018
    I got some of that trellis/fencing at the dollar store and made a cage out of 4 of them for my peonies. I hooked them together with green ties. The dollar store has some that is wire covered with flexible rubber. Really nice stuff! Make sure that your plants are getting enough water. Sometimes lack of water will make plants droop. But, Peonies are always drooping:( You have to get the trellis/fencing now as they don't keep them at the dollar store very long.
  • Betsy Betsy on Apr 28, 2018
    You're welcome. If your plants are near a fence, maybe you can use some of that rubber covered green wire to attach the plants to the fence. Just be sure that you don't tie the plants tight, leave room for growth. Maybe loose enough so that a finger can be put between the wire and plant.
  • Betsy Betsy on Apr 29, 2018
    Good luck, flowers are so beautiful:)