Homeroad
Homeroad
  • Huntington, NY

Framed Bathroom Mirror

$40

I've needed to frame my bathroom mirror forever! It ended up to be easier than I thought and I can show you how!
framed bathroom mirror
Step one was to measure the mirror. I cut my trim moulding to size then mitered the corners using a chop saw at 45 degrees.
framed bathroom mirror
I fit the corners together with wood glue and L brackets on the back. When the glue was dry I used wood putty to fill the crack.
framed bathroom mirror
The frame was now ready to attach to the mirror. I used construction adhesive and clamps (including some very creative ones you can check out in my original post at Homeroad.net) to hold the frame to the mirror for 24 hours.
framed bathroom mirror
When the glue was dry I painted the frame with the same paint as the wainscoting. You can paint the frame before or after you hang it. I chose to paint it after it was on the wall in case any of the tape or clamps damaged the paint.

The project was super simple and I wish I hadn't waited so long to do it. To see the rest of this bathroom renovation please click HERE.

❤️ You can read all the details and see the rest of the bathroom makeover including a several other DIY projects by clicking the link below where it says GO. ❤️
Homeroad

• Sls8281595

Thank you for this post, I desperately want to frame my bathroom mirror but I want to use old barn boards. Does anyone know what, if any, effect the humidity from bathing would have? My teenage daughter tends to take "forever showers".

• Homeroad

I think the wood will be fine, the moisture shouldn’t bother it

• Knj22277975

Did you trim any thing from the back of the moulding? Some moulding has a 'lip'.

• Homeroad

I saw someone replaced the clips with flat washers and then the frame fit better over the flat washers. The washers were large enough to overlap the mirror so it could replace the clip.

• Tosha Smith

How would you remove the mirror in the event you need/want to replace it with the brackets covered by the new frame? It's hard to tell, but maybe your mirror is not held with slim metal brackets like mine is.

• Marcia

It’s great if you have s flush mirror mounted to the wall easy but we’ve those brackets that are small clear and hold the mirror to the wall! They’re nice as the mirror isn’t glued to the wall! BUT .....These pose a nightmare in framing ones mirror. As you can not just add moulding to make a frame. Plus this mirror weights a ton! So one has to get rid of it . To take it down add moulding then try to rehang would be a nightmare due to the weight of this mirror. It was builders choice when we build years ago!

I have yet to find any solutions in this except scrap the mirror! My husband who is the most handy man on the planet building and designing stuff says to fit a channel in the underside of the frame would be hard too one would need a huge built out frame tacky 😬😂!

ive not seen anyone be able to have a solution to this problem have you?

• Marcia

I know Tosha as my son had huge holes to fill when their mirror had to be prided off the wall cuz glued in both bathrooms. Surprising as a very upscale home😬?!

• Tammylu

Great idea!