Easy Envelope Fold Pillow Covers

59K Views
Update any decorative pillow in your home easily and in under an hour using fabric or in this case, a tablecloth, a sewing machine and sticky velcro with only a few minutes of straight stitch on a machine are required!
I love this method because I love to change my decor often (as you can see on my Insta Page ) and as a mom to 8, the fact that it can easily be removed and cleaned is a definite plus! Mom Win!

Time: 1 HoursCost: $0Difficulty: Easy
  • easy envelope fold pillow covers
For this project, I am covering 2 Euro Sham size pillow forms. The tablecloth I had on hand was large enough to cover both pillows.
*To check - Lay your pillow form across your laundered and ironed fabric to ensure that the fabric is large enough to cover the entire pillow (or pillows). You want to make sure that not only is your fabric wide enough to cover your pillow, but that your fabric is also about half your pillows size in length as well for the envelope fold at the end*
  • easy envelope fold pillow covers
Once your fabric is cut to size, lay it with the "good" sides touching. This is to keep your stitch hidden in your final product.
  • easy envelope fold pillow covers
Stitch 3 of the 4 sides using a simple straight stitch.
  • easy envelope fold pillow covers
Once you are finished stitching your 3 sides, turn your fabric right side out and insert your pillow form. Tuck in the top piece of fabric alongside the pillow.
  • easy envelope fold pillow covers
You will then take the other piece of fabric from the end and tuck it OVER the pillow and into the coordinating side.
  • easy envelope fold pillow covers
These pieces are to hold your enveloped fabric in place. Only 2-3 inches are needed per pillow.
  • easy envelope fold pillow covers
Place your first piece of velcro and remove tape backing to adhere to fabric.
  • easy envelope fold pillow covers
Line your velcro pieces together and place onto fabric pressing firmly (velcro may also be sewn on instead of using the sticky back velcro)
  • easy envelope fold pillow covers
This is what your envelope fold will look like once it is velcroed.
  • easy envelope fold pillow covers
Finished Product. I left the ruffle from the tablecloth because I really liked the look. But, I could have easily trimmed off the ruffle before sewing if I preferred.

Suggested materials for this project:

View All Materials
Prices updated as of May 23, 2018 11:50 PM - More infoHometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
Perfectly DeStressed