What is the good inexpensive way to make a walkway from grass to wood

+5
We have grass area which is about120 ft long to our wood dock and would like a walkway 4 ft wide to have..there is a incline in the landscape..
q what is the good inexpensive way to make a walkway from grass to wood
It is the house in the middle ..

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Apr 28, 2018
    https://www.hometalk.com/27854764/upcycled-wood-pallet-walkway?r=1
  • Linda Linda on Apr 28, 2018
    Link attached with step by step. If you can find a discount source for lumber you may be able to cut expenses. Hope this helps.
  • Jewellmartin Jewellmartin on Apr 28, 2018
    Lucky you? I’m going to leave the building instructions to someone else, but I have a tip. While you are waiting, get some very cheap roofing shingles, the more grainy the better. If you lay them out where your walkway is going, the shingles will kill the grass (no sunlight), and you have guidelines for digging the foundation for the wooden walkway. Plus, it’s safer then slippery grass. Best wishes ☺️
  • Yay31581319 Yay31581319 on Apr 29, 2018
    I would make a walkway filled with stone and pavers for the dides
  • Michelle Konarski Michelle Konarski on Apr 29, 2018
    You could use narrow pallets or if you can’t find those, use the wider ones with a double support down the middle and cut them in half. I’ve done it on two different occasions and it looks nice. You could stain or paint or leave them natural
  • Cheryl A Cheryl A on Apr 29, 2018
    flat rocks or pavers work good or even a brick walkway. You could make a wooden walkway that is elevated off the ground a little bit as well
  • Ann Ann on Apr 29, 2018
    Wood will rot. I suggest killing or removing the grass first, then pour 1-2 in. Of gravel, topped with slate stepping stones. You could use inexpensive pavers on the outside edges to halt further grass creepage.

• This and that This and that on May 02, 2018

This might fit your needs.