Asked on Apr 28, 2018

Best and easy way to clean oven racks

Mary JohnsonEbbjdlKj_27684975
+5

• Nan W.
    Nan W.

Spray oven cleaner. Put into large plastic garbage bags to "set" and then use the bags as cleaning areas for the racks. Spray off crud and cleaner with garden hose.
  • Johnavallance82
    Johnavallance82

Brillo Pad..........
  • DesertRose
    DesertRose

The easiest way I found is to take them outside on my back steps and spray them with aroma free oven cleaner. Then I leave them all night. The next day I rinse them off in the shower, turning them over to rinse well. I use gloves with the cleaner. Hope this helps
  • Kj_27684975
    Kj_27684975

Plastic trash bag - pour ammonia in, put racks in, close bag and leave overnight. Rinse off in shower next day! Unless they are crazy dirty, they should be clean...otherwise after rinse, a bit of elbow grease and an SOS pad!
  • Kj_27684975
    Kj_27684975

• Ebbjdl
    Ebbjdl

Check your stove manual, you might be able to leave them in when you self clean it. Spray with Easy Off and put them in large garbage bag, tie shut. Next day hose them down and wipe.
  • Mary Johnson
    Mary Johnson

Put about 4 dryer sheets in your tub. Put the oven racks on top of them. Fill tub with warm water to cover the racks. Let it sit overnight. In the morning you will be able to wipe them clean.
    This also works with a pan that has caked on gunk. Put one dryer sheet in the pan. Add warm water. Let it sit overnight and in the morning it will be easy to clean the pan!